Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release bit holder. See, for example :-

However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.

So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?

A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I want to buy a few thousand presumably).

Reply to
Chris Green

As far as I am aware, backward release is the norm. My Axminster ones are & it looks like the Bosch is as well -

wasbit

A Dewalt one I have pushes forward to release so do not bother with them.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Well that's what I'd have thought but I have just one that works that way, out of half-a-dozen or so.

I'll just have to persevere I guess, but I wish descriptions would tell which way round they are as it's rather fundamental for the user.

Reply to
Chris Green

They're available from UK sellers on Ebay. I got one about a year and a half ago from

it's still available and has worked OK for me. Other suppliers are available.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Thank you! I see that's the Silverline one, I did try and buy one quite a while ago but the eBay seller than had run out of stock. I'll buy a couple of them then.

Reply to
Chris Green

Surely you can tell from the picture, with the ones you want having a smaller diameter section closer to the part that goes into the drill/driver itself that the wider part slides over ?

Reply to
Jock

There are also the slimmer magnetic type, e.g. -

wasbit

Like this:

Fredxx

This may be of interest

fred

It shows the Bosch one is "the wrong way round", for me anyway.

Reply to
Chris Green

Jeesus that bugger's voice is irritating.

Reply to
Jock

I was watching with sound off and I still gave up well before the end! :-)

Reply to
Chris Green