Wanted: 4mm hex bit

Does any one know where I can get a 4mm hex bit for a cordless screwdriver. I had enough problems finding the English set, but now I need one specific bit in Metric. I'd prefer the longer (~40mm) bit, but will settle for the stubby (~20mm) unit that needs the magnetic holder.

Bob Kaplow

Try a good bicycle shop. 4mm and 5mm hex fasteners are THE most common sizes on modern bicycles.

They may have to order it.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

or try Park Tools -

when my son was a bicycle mechanic most shops used their tools.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

May be a bit of a kludge, but you can get a hex to 1/4" square drive adapter and a set of 1/4" hex socket wrenches, both English and metric, from auto parts stores like NAPA or probably from Sears. This would give you lots of size options as well as the capability to use them with your socket set.

Reply to
Jim Artherholt

I would imagine any auto parts stores that cater to foreign cars would have them.

Reply to
DarylRos

Have you worked on an "American" car lately? Most of the fasteners are metric unless it is some part that hasn't changed vendor since the 70s.

Reply to
Greg

4mm is 0.158 in. 5/32 is 0.156 in. If you can't get the 4mm, a 5/32 will often substitute.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for a socket, but a metric hex key like bit for cap screws.

But I never checked for a 1/4" socket one. I have plenty of hex to socket adapters.

Bob Kaplow