allen key heads for a screw gun?

Hello all,

I often need to use allen keys when assembling furniture and other items and was wondering if I could get drill bit accessories to match the various sized allen keys that I can use with my cordless screw gun. I've been looking around and have not had any luck. Anyone point me in the right direction? Any reason why this is so uncommon or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Scramblur

Buy a second set and simply cut off the bend of each key to leave you with a straight allen key driver bit that will easily "chuck up" in your drill.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

80 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Incra V27 Miter Gauge

- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner

- Karcher NT361 Dust Extractor

- Ozito Electronic Ear Muffs

- Festool TDK Cordless Drills

- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps

Woodcrafter

Not uncommon at all.

get a socket adapter for your drill to go with it.

Reply to
FriscoSoxFan

Also just got new Craftsman catalog and there are several options there...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I have found them at Lowes and Home Depot. My set is make by Stanley.

Here is a link to a set.

place to look is at automotive supply stores such as Advance Auto Parts. They normally keep sets in stock.

David

Reply to
DL

hmm.. every cheap set of bits I've seem include allen, torax, square, etc., whether you need them or not..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

They have them at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Harbor Freight and Northern I have seen them in singles or in kits with an assortment of bits.

Reply to
Greg

Where are you located? In the US allens are so commonplace that I find it difficult to imagine you having difficulty finding them--the Borgs, Sears, auto parts stores, hardware stores, just about any place that sells hand tools has them, as the regular bent keys, screwdriver-type, hex-shank, and quarter-inch or 3/8 inch socket.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Snap-off

Reply to
Badger

Snap-On. Get some hex-drive bits, in whatever size or shape you want. They fit into a magnetic hex holder, which most cordless drivers already provide. At a pinch you can just chuck them.

Snap-On's are cheap, they're guaranteed and they're the best quality you'll find anywhere. While you're there, get a few of the tiny short screwdrivers they make too - a hex-drive bit in a little plastic handle. Really useful for tight spaces and also cheap. They also make excellent ratchet screwdrivers for these bits - horribly expensive, but I wouldn't be without mine.

Snap-On's security bits are expensive though. My set of those is just a Chinese $10 set of everything.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks for all the feedback. Guess I'm not looking hard enough!

Reply to
Scramblur