Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful. It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one. Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the basic T150? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Capri

Ive got a patio cleaning attachment, but to be honest its a waste of time. Its faster to just use the nozzle. The patio attachment just creates more drag and makes it harder to move.

Reply to
critcher

Agreed. ?Blasting? with the high pressure jet, with a narrow spread, seems to give the best results.

We have a block paved drive and find one of those narrow wire brushes helps for the joins where moss etc grows.

Reply to
Brian

I have a T-Racer, and if you just want an all over even clean it is quite good. It is less aggressive than using either of the jets directly.

Reply to
John Rumm

+1

I have this year sprayed all the weeds with roundup and will march in with the washer on medium in a day or twenty...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A friend swears by a strong solution of vinegar.

We tried it on a few weeds and it seems to work. It takes a couple of applications. We mixed 50:50 and sprayed from an old hand sprayer- the kind polish/cleaner comes in.

Reply to
Brian

I've got a Bosch with patio cleaner. It's less efficient than the flat jet, but has the advantage of not spraying walls, windows, and anything else (including the operator!) with dirty water. It also doesn't blast out the sand or loose material from between the paviours or bricks so readily. If I could only be bothered to do the patio more often before it gets really black I wouldn't need to use the flat jet on the really grubby parts. :-)

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Pretty much that. Also a more even result.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I don't know what mine is called but it has angled nozzles at the tips of a rotating arm under a domed cover. V. slow compared to the jet and you can get circular *clean* marks if you progress too quickly. The major benefit is that you don't blast dirt all over the surroundings!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

My bottom of the range Nilfisk with patio attachment is the opposite. I was surprised at how good a job it did on both concrete paths & paving slabs. Much quicker than normal pressure washing with either of the supplied nozzles as well as keeping the spray contained.

Reply to
wasbit

I've got a Lidl patio cleaner which I use with mt Karcher washer, and it does an adequate job for a lot less money. [Lidl attachments generally come with an adapter for fitting to Karcher]

As others have said, you need a nozzle for really dirty patios, but a patio cleaner will do the job quite quickly if it's not too dirty.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I have found that the most effective way to clean my block paving is to use the patio attachment to get the actual blocks clean, then work across the area with a jet at 45 degrees to the joins, shifting all the moss and weeds, followed, once it is dry, by topping up with new sand.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

+1