Hose connector attachment for Karcher.

Can anyone help me find one of these or recommend something else that will fit, a standard screw on garden tap connector doesn't? Having lent the Karcher to someone it came back with the hose connector bit and it's pretty useless without it. The bit that protrudes from the Karcher is male and approx 1" in diameter.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Brendan.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

There's more than one "standard" tap connector - or there used to be. New ones usually come with a couple of adaptors to allow a choice of thread.

Reply to
charles

Do you mean the connector where to water goes in or out?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How are you defining 'standard' tap connector. All the Karchers I've seen have a male 3/4" BSP thread onto which a 3/4" tap connector screws quite happily. Don't be put off by the fact that the actual size of a

3/4" fitting is nearer to 1" because 3/4" is the nominal ID.

See

Maybe your taps have smaller threads - 1/2" BSP or even 5/8" BSP and maybe that's what you're calling 'standard' - but get a fitting which is

3/4" BSP and it should be fine.
Reply to
Roger Mills

That's what I can't work out either. I wonder if the OP means the outlet - which would be M22.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I don't think so - else he'd be missing the pressure hose and trigger gubbins. I took the fact that he mentioned garden hose fittings to mean that he was talking about the inlet (low pressure) side.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Yes, it's the inlet. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.

3/4" BSP is the bit of information that I was after, I can take that to the plumbers shop and ask them for something. It does my head in, British Standard and metric, I thought that because Karcher was German that it would be metric.

I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

Oddly enough, all pressure washers use 3/4" BSP. American, British, German, Danish, Italian, Chinese.....

A Hozelock tap connector will fit - they are 3/4" BSP. Don't use the 'autostop' type.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman