Karcher hose connector

Hi, is it possible to connect a new 9m lenghth of standard Karcher hose to the original length. I`ve tried searching for a Karcher connector, or similar, but with vain. Basically, the new length would screw onto the washer and I would need a connector to join where the brush would be pushed into and the screw connector on the original (if you get my drift!). TIA.

Reply to
eevoob

I'd like to know too, against the day. Don't need one yet but if I live long enough I might.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

B & Q stock standard extension pipes - got two last month. They did not have them on the shelf but had them for me next day - about £12.

Reply to
persheenbay

The sheds do have both Female and Male connectors, I found my type in the garden centre at a local shed.

The thread on the majority of power washers are identical so don't just look at Karcher accesories

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Karcher developed the M22 thread for their kit years ago and the industry followed suit, so the M22 Karcher thread is now the industry standard. Sheds should have M/M, F/F, or M/F adaptors, if not look under hose suppliers in Yellow Pages.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks for the reply. Unfortuneately, although the male and female end would connect easy enuff, how am I going to connect the sort shaft (that usually goes into the gun) to the new piece that is a threaded female i.e the piece that would have screwed onto the Karcher washer itself. Again TIA again

Reply to
eevoob

You have a hose(lenght of garden hose)with a srew on thread(Female) for the karcher pump itself on the other end you would have a (Male)adaptor for screwing to the gun.

These adaptors are available for fitting to a normal garden hose, you just have to know what to look for. I've had a look on the web in some sheds but they don't seem to show small items of this ilk?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The female adaptor

Male adaptor
hoses push fits onto the nobble end of adaptor and secured with circlips(cant remember the name of hand) you screw them tight with screwdriver.

I use two of these on each end of the hose as they make a push fit and no need for clamping.

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

There are two types of pressure hose available for DIY pressure washers. A replacement hose, which has a gun spigot one end and a M22 female on the other. As the name says, this is used to replace a damaged hose.

You can also get an extension hose, which has an M22 male one end and an M22 female the other. To fit this you don't need remove the hose from the gun at all. The female on the extension hose goes on the machine and the female on the original hose fits on to the male of the extension.

HTH

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You got a link to this hose? if its karcher? have you seen the ludicrus price their asking.

My way cost as little as £7.00

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Garden hose and fittings..... and 150bar OH.. MY..GOD

-
Reply to
Mark

Yup! I'll be damned if I'm going to £45 for the karcher extension hose.

p.s it does work bearing in mind the hose lenght is 7'

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Try:

and ebay the old hose.

Or a hydraulic hose place might be able to crimp them together permanently or via some connectors.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I take it you are talking INLET hose e.g. from tap to machine here? The OP is talking PRESSURE hose.

The item in question is

a visit to either a pressure washer dealer or a hydraulic hose supplier from Yellow Pages would get one cheaper.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Our Karcher steam cleaner is beautifully engineered, which is why we were prepared to pay more than twopence for it. I wouldn't compromise on parts for the sake of economy, safety is paramount.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Thats fine, but do you have any links for the OP?