Shower hose to mixer tap connector.

Just installed a new bath with new mixer tap. The bath has a pop up waste operated by a big chrome knob covering the overflow situated just below the taps. The connector on the mixer taps for the shower hose is on the underside - just above the big chrome knob! It is just possible to fit the hose but I have to bend it through a sharp 90 degrees and it still rubs against the chrome knob. What I want is a 90 degree adaptor for the tap outlet so that the hose can connect horizontally and bend up behind the taps. my local plumbers merchant couldn't help. Anybody know if there is such a thing and where I can get it?

TIA Nodge

Reply to
Nodge

I've sort of got round it by using a 90 degree tap connector. It's a bodge as I've had to pack it out with washers and it only screws onto the tap with about 2 threads. The hose screws on in place of the compression nut & olive. If there is a connector designed for the job I'd still like to get one.

Nodge

Reply to
Nodge

Does the shower hose have an elbow connector on one end, and a straight connector on the other? If it does, then swap the ends round.

Reply to
BigWallop

No, it's a straight connector both ends.

Nodge

Reply to
Nodge

Then look around for a 1/2'' (half inch) BSP female to male elbow connector, in plastic with washers if possible, and it should fit the tap and shower hose no problem for you.

Reply to
BigWallop