bath shower mixer tap knob stuck (2023 Update)

My bath shower mixer tap is seldom used. Now the control knob which diverts the water to the shower is stuck. So there is no water from the shower head -- only from the taps.

Any suggestions for getting the knob unstuck? Normally, pulling up the knob diverts the water flow from the taps to the shower. TIA.

Reply to
ernie mendoza

They often operate only when the water is already flowing - have you tried this? If so - suggest trying to get a shock of water to unstick the valve by opening taps suddenly (when it isn't expecting it!!!!). Also try thumb over tap.

Reply to
John

At a guess its limescale. Try a limescale remover around the knob (oooh errr missus). If not, turn the water off & take it apart, then soak in limescale remover.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

replying to ernie mendoza, chrisso wrote: I un stuck it by putting descaler inside the tap with a very small brush. Hope it lasts!

Reply to
chrisso

Try white Vinegar a good limescale remover, pour a little over plunger leave for 24hours then try as suggested while water flowing

Reply to
John