Reduced flow rate after fitting mixer bath tap

Having just replaced separate hot and cold bath taps with a mixer tap, I'm finding that the flow rate has been reduced, almost as if the mixer tap wasn't fully opening. Presumably this is a symptom of a defective tap rather than a "feature"?

Reply to
Deville

Could be a number of things. Have you used flexis? Their internal bore is a lot smaller than that of copper pipe and can reduce flow on sytstems where the pressure isn't very high. It could be that the stopcock and/or isolators are not turned fully on ( I always turn stopcocks fully on and then 1/2 a turn back ). It may be a mixer tap designed for high pressure systems and your system isn't.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

No, I simply replaced the existing taps with the mixer straight onto the existing copper pipe.

I'm pretty sure they're fully open. The inline stopcocks only turn through 90 degrees.

Ah, I wasn't aware such things existed. The feed is a combi boiler in conjunction with an electric shower pump.

Thanks for the input.

Reply to
Deville