OT A strange letter from aviva

It starts:-

*** (In Bold font) Are you an aviva policyholder?

We believe you are an aviva policy holder

If you believe you have an aviva policy...

*** Anyone else had one of these "beliefs" letters?

Could this be another case for gchq :-)

Reply to
dave

Well it *could*. But it could also be related to the t/f of Aviva business - see

Robin

Paper or virtual letter? They send me paper from time to time despite me telling them I can't read printed matter any more. I often think there is some robot in charge of some of these companies or they never actually read their screens. Not seen anything lately. Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

That was years ago, surely? Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

Brian

'Er indoors had on paper recently something about Aviva consoplidating their non-life insurance business from several companies into 2. This means they need to tell all their customers just in case some want to object. Reading between the lines of the PDF to which I posted a link they are not sure just who their customer are - which is not too surprising given the likely changes of names and addresses.

These consolidations of insurance business are subject to massive regulatory oversight - and in my limited experience not of the "light touch" banking variety. I've always taken the view that challenging one would take even my paranoia into foil hat and underpants territory.

Reply to
Robin

You are of course right. My f*ck-up. I didn't check the date as it seemed to chime with what 'er indoors asked about recently - see my other post. I'll ask her later if she's still got it.

Reply to
Robin

I had one about a now ex-employee who had been selling on details of Aviva policyholders who had been involved in motor vehicle accidents to companies offering to sue for personal injury compensation. (Not really relevant to me, as my car was parked and empty in a car park when somebody scraped the bumper). I don't recall the actual wording though.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I've not had one of those from them - but I *have* had a couple of emails from them at times of gales and floods, etc. reminding me what to do if I need to claim on my household policy. Luckily, I haven't needed to - so far - but I was reasonably impressed nevertheless.

Reply to
Roger Mills

She hasn't - and reply included "I asked you about it last week when I was sorting stuff out but it came mumble, mumble ago." I'd give her a clout round the head if that weren't now ganz verboten.

Reply to
Robin

I just had a picture of their entire db going haywire and this was an effort to rebuild it! Pure speculation on my part I hasten to add. I have no idea while they need to know what they should already know. (hence my jokey ref to gchq for data backup) :-)

Reply to
dave

When we moved, we informed all our financial companies. Both SWMBO and I had an investment policy each taken out with LV at the same time. My one was fine, but we had a letter back from LV saying they had no record of my wifes under the reference number we had quoted from their annual statements. Not sure how they ****ed up, but our financial adviser sorted it out. We still have the letter where they say they had no record of that policy number. It's in the file with the letter from them (same policy number) confirming the policies payout.

Reply to
Jethro_uk