Subject Author Posted Replies

Coloured Silicone Sealant
I need some coloured silicone to stick and seal some oak block appearance worktop upstand to the worktop. I have yet to see any in the shops so I think I need to mail order some. However, I am not...
5
5

Curing fire cement - temperature ?
I've having to re-build the baffle plate for my oil central heating boiler. The original plate was, I'm told, a fibre glass material and has broken u p. I've been given a sheet of one inch thick...
4
4

High Grab Adhesives
What is considered to be the best gunnable adhesive ? Gripfill, Sticks like Sh**, Unibond MegaGrip, ? Previously I had decided on Pink Grip ?.. seemed pretty good, but more Indoor .. Wood to drywall,...
3
3

OT: sharing photos online solutions
I'm looking for something I can set up where myself and one or more other people can select photos on our devices and share them with the others, with all the devices (Windows & Android) having the...
8
8

Good service
Just thought I'd share a recent experience with a company (slidingrobesdirect) who provide sliding doors and accessories. The guides and rollers on a "Stanley" sliding door in our house had broken and...
5
5

floor board joints
The floor board ( chipboard) upstairs have gone soft at the joints. house is 1980 vintage. any suggestions as to best cure/ what to do
13
13

Bathrooom silicone: which one?
The silicone strip I put on the bottom edge of our shower cubicle last year is peeling off[1]. I'm really fed up of going to a shop these days and finding a completely bewildering selection of...
10
10

Energy Prices
On the box today. National Audit Office says energy prices are to rise for next seventeen years. I wonder where they get the seventeen years from? Why not eigthteen? Better buy more celotex and LED...
78
78

[OT] Alarm clocks
Does anyone make a decent one any more? My definition of decent is: 1) LED or VFD - LCD is crappy and hard to read; 2) MSF ("radio controlled") or possibly DCF (German) if the signal gets this far. 3)...
28
28

good nasal spray?
Is there a good nasal decongestant spray these days ? Jim Hawkins
17
17

25 year old 100mm thick fibreglass insulation... keep or replace?
I have a house that currently has 100mm thick itchy fibreglass insulation in the loft which was put in 1988 when the house was built. I have bought 8 rolls of 170mm ecose insulation to add as a second...
18
18

BBC Watchdog and radiators
BBC Watchdog 6 November 'Bleeding your radiators will save you £10 in yearly energy costs.' (Note 'will' not 'may') Hmm ! GrahamC
14
14

Never boring :-)
Got a job a week or so ago "gutters overflowing" after a ridiculously heavy downpour. No problem, nipped up the ladder - only nothing in the gutter, no blockage in down pipe bend. One join looked a...
19
19

Stoves: firebricks: who knew?!
We got our first wood stove two years ago (exactly). Noticing that the firebrick liners look a bit worn, I bought a sheet of firebrick material[1] and cut a spare set today, using the current set as...
7
7

Glue for broken skin or fingernails
Years ago Nu Skin had a glue-like substance you could use to seal skin cuts or broken fingernails. I used to use a glue called Durofix to do the same job, but that too is no longer available. Is there...
23
23