good nasal spray?

Is there a good nasal decongestant spray these days ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Otrivine

Reply to
Unbeliever

+1
Reply to
Corporal Jones

+2 , for the product anyway (The drops are fantastic, I know it is also sold as a spray but I have never used it in this way.).

Although it is not for prolonged use see the quack if you still need to use it after three-four days.

Reply to
soup

Slightly off topic.....

ss

Define "good".

Beware that these sprays are all very addictive and should you become addicted, very hard to get off. And I speak from experience.

Reply to
Huge

Otrivine still works for me, on the very odd occasion when I need it. Beware of 'bounce-back' when using it. Google it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Rather than a spray, I find Olbas Oil on a handerchief or the top edge of the duvet cover quite effective.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Or get your mum to rub Vick on your chest.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

A very important issue.

One reason that gentle "steaming" is often recommended.

Reply to
polygonum

Try Sterimar, or even Neilmed. Depending on how bad you are, even a Netipot.

This is a true thing, whatever your first reaction is.

Reply to
WeeBob

I hear that some people use a white powder, though I don't know if it is effective as a decongestant.

Didn't some pop bint once prove it does, well, it turned her 2 nostrils into one big one, so i assume she could breath easier.

Reply to
Gazz

First time I have heard Danniella Westbrook referred to as a "pop bint" (Seems fitting though, the bint part if not the pop.).

Reply to
soup

Cut down on your carbohydrates.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Nasonex on prescription from the doctor. possibly under another name where you are..I have used it twice a day for several years and find it good for a continuing condition. David G

Reply to
gilli43

mike

Beconase without a scrip...