Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Breathalysers
I just know that there are going to be swathes of folk saying "don't drink and drive", but, ignoring those for the moment, does anyone have any experience of personal breathalysers? There seem to be a...
77
77

What's the material in these lamps?
Hello, I would like to make some lamps, and I'm looking for a material similar to the one used by ikea in Fillsta lamps: I'm interested in plastic sheet material, that lets some of the light pass...
5
5

Rad v thermostat best solutiom
In my lounge there are 3 radiators (gas CH) one at each end of the lounge and one in the middle, the middle one has the room thermostat about a foot to one side and about 3 feet above it. Something...
15
15

Accessori utili outdoor
Segnalazione accessori per camper, caravan e campeggiatori Il primo E-commerce dedicato esclusivamente alle innovazioni tecnologiche utili al tuo camper creato da un camperista per i camperisti....
2
2

Tape head etc cleaner.
I've got a pile of 1/4" tapes to transfer to CD, and have run out of my favourite head and transport cleaner - AF-Spray, order code AFS400. Last time, I bought a case of it - so a very long time ago....
48
48

IKEA ISDANS blind
Hi Folks About to fit a new IKEA ISDANS window blind (cordless type), but having a real job figuring out how to remove the old-style (corded) ISDANS without getting heavy and damaging the window frame...
4
4

Sending Ni-Cd batteries via courier/post
I was going to list some Ni-Cd power tool batteries on eBay but, checking on Hermes website, they have a confused page suggesting that they both do and don't accept them. A diagram, showing batteries...
34
34

OT: Any AOL experts out there
I usually have to wash my mouth out after saying "AOL" - but needs must in this case! I'm trying to help an old (both in age and long-standing) friend of mine whose phone line is currently dead and...
17
17

Lagging external gas pipes
My neighbour had a new boiler this last year. He is outside (in the freezing cold) fitting lagging to the gas pipe. The piping was installed by BG: should they have lagged them; do regs require it; is...
26
26

OT Doomsday Clock.
Scientists have advanced the 'Doomsday Clock' by two minutes — and it’s closer to midnight than it has been since 1987

OT.....Why Slough could be the next property hotspot
Who'd have thunk it! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/11357805/Why-Slough-could-be-the-next-property-hotspot.html
2
2

Fence panel clips -- I must be thick ...
Hi all I'm replacing two 6x6 panels in a wind-struck fence. I can't really use the normal U-shape panel clips, because it would be extremely difficult to raise a panel high enough to slot down into...
12
12

Fluorescent starter switch about 27mm diameter?
I was told that the fluorescent tube had failed in the kitchen of an elderly relative, and I thought it was going to be easy to fix it. I bought both a new 1500mm tube and a new starter switch. But...
11
11

Zanussi cheaper
Just ordered a dishwasher part from Zanussi direct and its cheaper than from Espares. £14.75 Espares £5.00 Zanussi!!!!! Mike

cordless sds at aldi early Feb.....
Scant details as yet.. Jim K
2
2