Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Ping Chris Hog
Chris: I have bought some Mirabilis bulbs for my front garden. Do I plant them with the pointed end down? The pointed end has what looks like a tail sticking out of it. Google is not a lot of help....
15
15

[OT] Cool tiny tiny PC
I have just today received this: a Jetway Jetway JBC365 Fanless Dual LAN PC with quad core cpu. Wedged a 4GB stick of RAM in (which passed 1 cycle of Memtest86) and also a 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro...
105
105

Stainless steel bolts for electrical connections.
Been a thread on a forum I read about a chap using stainless steel nuts and bolts on a kit car when doing the wiring, and had problems. Difficult to be specific, but sort of implied he's used them to...
6
6

Timber shed or office or garage near boundary (<1m) ... interesting conversation
Re large timber shed or office or garage near boundary (1m rule) ... Had an interesting conversation with an unusually sensible (rather than the ir more usual hysterical crowd) senior manager at...
3
3

LED bulbs
I've about had it with CFL bulbs... well, really their failure mode, Had fallen asleep with the wall light on as usual, woken up by the smoke alarm going off, room in darkness and that oh so lovely...
56
56

Kitchen mixer tap with unusual leak...
Hi all, About a year ago, I bought a mixer tap for my kitchen sink. It's the type that has two flexible, braid-covered hoses (one for hot water and the other for cold). It looks exactly like this one:...
9
9

Should we replace the electric shower or try to fix it?
Hello, We stopped using our electric shower at home because it started leaking water from the wall mounted part of it. After opening it I've found that there's a leak somewhere, not far from the...
25
25

Turning radiators off
I recently saw some advice being given by a landlord to tenants that they should not turn off the radiators for combi boiler systems, only turn them down, as the boiler could be damaged by the...
16
16

Now I know why I'll always have loft water storage and a hot water tank
Around 5.15am this morning ( courtesy of CCTV, I wasn't about) My local watermain burst just where it crosses the drive. The failure was good enough to reduce my water pressure to about 4 ft. I...
37
37

Miele washing problem
SWMBO claims her 9About 10 year old)Miele washing is not washing as good as it used to do. Same programmes, same detergent, but not washing the clothes as good as it once did What, if anything, could...
13
13

Are recirculating cooker hoods any good?
As per the subject really... I'd love a proper extractor, but due to the location of the cooker, ceiling, etc. it's just not going to happen, so was wondering about the filter/recirculating types. Not...
11
11

Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless phone, trying to set the time and date!
Hi all, I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless land line phone. To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then proceed to step 2. I can find no OK button! on the...
8
8

The Best Quality Dissertation Writing Service UK
Dissertation Writing is always the most challenging task that requires a lo t of hard work, time and energy. No matter what your academic degree level is dissertation writing is a vitally important...
6
6

Polycarbonate "glass" on LED lamps
I recently bought a couple of these LED lamps: I think they're very good: over 100 lm/watt, standard GLS shape, instant on. But, the "glass" is some sort of plastic, my guess is it's polycarbonate....
14
14

Plywood shelving - thickness for supporting hi-fi
For the Hi-Fi rack in the fireplace I need some shelving. I could go for 4mm glass cut to size at around £25 a shelf (online price from one site). However that is £100 for 4 shelves. Plus I will...
12
12