Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless phone, trying to set the time and date!

Hi all, I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless land line phone.
To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then proceed to step 2.
I can find no OK button! on the handset or the base station can anyone explain how to do this please? Mick. IOW.
Mick IOW wrote:

Reading the online manual, the centre soft key is sometime defined as OK

Manual Page 15
Handset soft key icons
OK accepts the current selection
michael adams

Page 13 Basically you fiddle around with the navigator key in the middle scrolling through all the options until an [OK] appears under one of the three soft keys. You then press that key.
michael adams

OVER one of the three soft keys.

On 21/01/2015 14:50, Mick IOW wrote:

the handbook says "when you insert the batteries for the first time the handset may prompt you to set date and time" If it is prompting you to do that, the centre button is labelled OK on the screen.
If it's not prompting you now, press the centre (menu select) button and navigate to the Time Settings menu, press the centre (OK) button and the option is "Set Date/Time" with the centre button now saying OK
Thank you all very much, I was looking for an "OK" button ! now done with your help.
And I have to admit I had a previous model to this and set it up ok 5 years ago! the marbles are going ;-) Mick. IOW.

Its one of the 3 buttons along the bottom of the screen, what the manual calls the soft keys. The OK shows up above one of them on the screen.

It's the same UI and command code structure as the TG6721 model (I just had a swift look at the manual on line).
The three buttons immediately below the handset display are "Soft Buttons" the functions of which are indicated at the bottom of the display immediately above each of those three buttons.
The middle button is the menu display button which then puts you into the top of the menu options list, starting with the 'Caller List'. If this is what you want to check (the record of incoming calls) you press the OK button (the middle one) aftewr which you use the scroll button to move into the top or bottom of said list.
Alternatively, you can key in the #nnn code after selecting the menu instead of working through the menu list via the soft buttons and scroll button. In this case, for the time settings menu, you simply type #101 after pressing the middle menu key.
HTH & HAND :-)
--
J B Good

is it next to the any key? :)