O/T: Question for Harry.

Do you use banks for your financial business, or cryptocurrency?

Reply to
David Paste

I don't use the internet for anything to do with money. If someone can hack the FBI's computer, I'm sure they can hack mine.

Reply to
harry

And likely the bank's computer too. So best to find a bank which doesn't use such insecure devices. But then, forging a cheque has never been easier...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Theere was a consumer program that proved cheques are even easier to 'forge', in that even if you sign the wrong name it will still get cleared.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Reply to
David Paste

I once accidentally sent an unsigned cheque to one of my suppliers - the bank cleared it, and I didn't notice until the cancelled cheques came back (this was many years ago, when banks still returned cheques).

Reply to
S Viemeister

If they are below a certain value, no-one looks at them.

Reply to
Huge

I have been signing the cheques for a small company for 30 years. About five years ago a cheque was refused as signature invalid. It was a larger than normal cheque but nothing wrong with the sig. Except it seems, they had no specimen sig from me. Turns out they only look at the sig if the cheque is over 10,000.

Reply to
DJC