Subject Author Posted Replies

Which way to get Broadband?
Hi all, Having had many problems with my ISP support I want to change supplier, but to what? I would ideally like fibre broadband only (no land line included) The only way I can get fibre here on the...
47
47

Heating oil tank (green plastic, 2000 litres) sprang a leak yesterday
Had an emergency yesterday afternoon. I happened to be hanging the washing outside when I noticed that the heating oil tank had split for about an inch about half-way up the side. The oil wasn't...
81
81

New 13A plug
Elegant idea - but I would not trust it to handle 13A through whatever rotary mechanism they have for the pins. But if it could be a new standard, maybe BS1363-1 with a different sized fuse, only...
33
33

Painting with a Hozelock Killa spray
Anyone tried painting with one of these? I have used them to spray sheds before now, but that was preservative not paint. I have a shed which has a metal roof, under this is a layer of felt or...

OT: Theory number 582
Theory number 582: Smoking doesn't make you ill. The tax on the cigarettes makes you poor so you can't afford decent food.
12
12

TOT VW
Can someone explain to me why VW would have software that turns off the emission control and not run it all the time? Does it affect the fuel consumption or soemthing else? Non of the news I have seen...
30
30

Bottle walls and windows. Where's the red?
My wife and I built a raised garden bed with green wine bottles and mortar. Then we tried a bottle window. This time we scoured the local charity shop for coloured glass items because we fancied a bit...
31
31

Some good shoe heel repair drying to quickly
You can buy a tube of some thick black gooey adhesive for repairing the 'wear down place' on boot heels. It's good but once the tube is opened it can't wait to start 'drying-up' back down the tube....

Overboarding a floor
I'm about to overboard a floor in a flat above a shop, currently tatty floorboards, going over the top of it with 18mm T&G chipboard panels. Is there any/much benefit to putting something like this in...
3
3

Painting outdoor meter box
Hi This is probably a stupid question, but what's the best paint to use for painting the outdoor wall-mounted meter cupboard? I was thinking a Hammerite, maybe? Thanks C
11
11

Setting up mobile phone
Hi all, I bought a mobile phone online that is for the hard of hearing, but am having problems setting it up. is there a local rate number (for the UK) such as speaking clock or something like that I...
7
7

Hard disk failure.
The 'main' HD on my old Acorn has failed. Most of the material is backed up - but not all including some CAD files I did recently, which took quite some time. Silly me, but it doesn't eat HDs in the...
21
21

cleaning masonry prior to internal dry lining
Hello, I am nearly ready to glue my celotex and plasterboard to my internal walls. I removed the old plasterboard and am back to the masonry but it needs a clean to give a good surface for the...
5
5

Caravan Wetroom
I intend to convert our caravan shower area to a wet room for use by a whee lchair person. Currently it has a shower tray set in the floor but this cau ses issues passing over with a wheel chair and...
9
9

OT African dance.
Astonishing. Zaouli de Manfla, centre-ouest de la Côte d'Ivoire, filmé par Konan Kouakou David. Zaouli of Manfla, center-west of Ivory Coast, filmed by Konan Kouakou David Jukin Media Verified...
3
3