Where do I get the code for a car radio from?

I bought a car radio from a car boot and didn't get the code. Is it a fiver in the bin or can I get it from somewhere?
On 19/06/2016 16:28, Weatherlawyer wrote:

It will be recorded by the dealer who supplied the car to which it was fitted, when the car was new.
Your chances of tracing that are very slight!
I suppose you can go through all the 4-digit (or whatever) codes until you find one which works - but that could take a *long* time. Many radios make you wait for progressively longer times between attempts if you keep getting the code wrong.
ISTR something about putting the radio in the freezer to make it "forget" its code - but I've no idea whether that works.
--
Cheers,
Roger
On 19/06/2016 16:28, Weatherlawyer wrote:

The make and model would be a help.
On 6/19/2016 5:06 PM, Fredxxx wrote:

+1.
Also many options on eBay, I used one once (£2 iirc).
On Sunday, 19 June 2016 17:06:35 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:

Sorry about that I forgot. It just says Goodmans and compact disc player Model No. GCE 7109 CD
Weatherlawyer wrote:

The manual makes no mention of codes, I'd only expect them with a factory fitted radio
<http://www.manuals365.com/pdffile_dl.php?brand=Goodmans&lang=&cat=&doc=GCE7109CD.pdf
But it does have a helpline phone number.
On 19/06/2016 19:06, Andy Burns wrote:

Which strangely doesn't mention any entering of a security code when installing the player.
bm wrote:

Is the correct answer. Give full details as best as you can. Mr Cheerful will most likely sort you out.

He certainly seems to have a high success rate with his crystal ball for radio codes. Further discussion is pointless until the OP has asked there.

--
Ian

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 4:29:00 PM UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:

SFAIUI if it is a Ford car & radio then Ford garages have the kit to do this. If other make try the respective garage.
good luck!