Repairs to a pressure washer hose

The hose on my Bosch AHR150 pressure washer has a couple of pin holes with ensuing jets about 8 feet, always in undesirable directions and the pressure loss keeps the pump cycling every few seconds. I can use some self amalgamating tape to turn the jets into a simple leak (but that will never hold the pressure but I'd like to fix it. Replacements no longer available so I'm thinking of turning up some joining pieces from brass or stainless with suitable annular barbs and getting some double eared O clamps to crimp on the hose.

The machine is in good condition and claims 150 Bar. (2250 PSI)

Anyone done this successfully or am I wasting my time at these pressures?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Not done exactly that, but I made up an adaptor once to clamp the spigot with an O ring into a matching hole using stepped fingers bolted into place. Details are irrelevant, but it needed careful fettling of parts so that the clamps were effective. As you obviously know, the forces on the joining pieces will be large so you need very mechanically sound fittings.

I think the limitation in your case might be the double eared O clamps. They are only retaining a few bar on things like LPG cylinders, etc.

It might be worth looking for a company which makes custom hydraulic hoses, who will have proper heavy duty crimps in every possible size, and the hardware to fix them. I don't think they would charge silly money to crimp to your joining pieces. They might even have suitable replacement hose which they could fit to your existing fittings, or perhaps ready made joining pieces.

Reply to
newshound

If you can't repair it, get a replacement made by Qwashers, they appear to have let their own domain lapse, so I'd give them a call

I replaced my Nilfisk plastic hose that had a mind of its own, with a rubber one that behaves itself, and an extra couple of meters was useful.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'd agree. Most HPCs use a 22mm screw coupling which is pretty standard. Most hydraulic hose companies will have them. If not, look in YP or Google for pressure washer repair companies.

Reply to
David Lang

Useful link, thanks. See also relatively cheap repair part which might be suitable for the OP

newshound

Thanks for the links and advice chaps I've sent some emails Qwashers and another outfit Cleantec

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Problem now solved as I have ascertained that hoses for Karcher K series pressure washers with a C clip retainer at the lance end are perfect replacements for the Bosch AHR 1500 model A new 10m rubber hose cost £30 delivered from Ebay vendor Directhose

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin