DPD unpopular?

Idly browsing around for the history of DPD, I noticed on wikipedia it said they were unreliable and referenced this :

I'm quite surprised - I thought they were generally reckoned to be one of the better couriers, and have certainly done well for us.

Reply to
Clive George

Never had a problem with DPD, I seek out or stick with suppliers who use them, even if it's a quid or two more. trustpilot could be explained by people being more motivated to complain about poor service, than praise good service.

I've only had one problem with a Hong Kong supplier claiming a delivery was due on a certain date which didn't arrive. I phoned DPD, their system automatically recognised who I was by my caller-id and that there was a delivery in the system for me, and put me through to someone who explained that the parcel hadn't arrived from the international courier to them yet, because the supplier hadn't handed the parcel over at the other end on time, and that it would arrive two days later, which it did

- impressed.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Aren't DPD the people who let you track the courier delivering your parcel? So, you find what the guy is called and (eg) he is in the next road along but has 10 more drops to do before you and is expected in 20 minutes. It's a great service.

Reply to
GB

I'm surpised. The TP link above is wrong:

it's:

Even that is poor though - I just added my 5 star review. It seems to go both ways - 1 start CRAP to 5 str BRILLIANT.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I think I have usually found them OK. Yodel seem to vary from fine to rubbish. They have been breaking a lot of porcelain for one of my kids.

Reply to
newshound

They generally arrive very late in the day here, had a parcel last week via them which had been left out in the rain somewhere, cardboard box had more or less peeled apart, thankfully it didn't matter in that case, but they're not to know that.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In article , Clive George scribeth thus

One of our suppliers uses them never had a problem, least you can see your parcel coming you via their tracking system:)

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes that is the DPD model also used by interlink now (part of the same goup). I also had something similar via UK mail the other day - I don't think they are connected with DPD group

1) email with tracking info from the vendor 2) email the next morning from UK mail giving a 1 hour delivery window and a tracking link which told me how many drops before mine in real time. No google map like DPD but a good service none the less

All this from a "free delivery" item on ebay.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Terrible idea - instead of getting on with something useful you spend half the day studiously watching the progress of Fred and his van on the map until he arrives at the specified time :-).

I've always found DPD to be very good. They tell you the delivery time (1hr slots) and allow recipients to easily alter delivery dates if they are not going to be around.

Reply to
Peter Parry

There are several different-but-related companies called DPD. DPD UK is not the same company as DPD Germany.

See also DHL, which has an even more complicated corporate structure (with different bits that don't even acknowledge each others' tracking numbers, for added fun).

Theo

Reply to
Theo

It certainly a temptation. B-)

Trouble is they aren't allowed to deliver early, even if they can physically hand the parcel over. I've known 'em sit in the van for five minutes until the clock catches up with them. Some times I go out and have a chat before getting my parcel.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes I had a delivery by Yodel last week and it was scheduled for 'Today', and I waited in all damn day for the delivery to be made at around 4.50pm.

Reply to
BobH

I don't care what internet revues say, I've never had a problem with DPD and would prefer them to any other courier.

Reply to
DJC

+1
Reply to
Bob Eager

I'll seek out companies who use DPD and use them for that reason.

Even on the rare occasion I've had delivery issues from DPD, they've always sorted them quickly and efficiently.

In stark contrast to every other courier I've used.

Reply to
HarpingOn

Wikipedia is about as reliable as the Daily Mail.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike