Subject Author Posted Replies

Multi socket extension lead - interesting failure mode
En el artículo , Huge escribió: mailto: "Win10 sucks donkey dick"
42
42

Corded curtain pulley ?
A few years ago, I bought a ready-corded curtain track from B&Q. Have no idea of the make, and they (obviously !) don't sell it any more. It was adjustable - the actual rail were 2 "C" profiled pieces...
2
2

Terminating mini din sockets
Just fitting some mini din sockets into a box. The terminating cylinders are about 0.8mm dia od. Anyone found a better method than solder to connect these pins to a piece of wire?
5
5

Air filter for wet/dry vacuum cleaner please
I acquired a Wolf WD20 wet/dry vac (of unknown vintage), couple of years ago from local charity shop. I tried to clean the foam filter around the motor intake and it disintegrated. Couldn't find...
2
2

Battery drill drivers
I'm about to buy another drill driver, save on messing about swapping bits etc. Currently have a Screwfix LiIon Titan, sub £50 I find it OK bar a few minor issues It's not well balanced, put it down...
14
14

Tumble Dryer
We are going to get a condenser dryer of some sort. Very, very unlikely to get Hotpoint, but looking at others, I am utterly perplexed by the efficiency ratings/electricity consumption. The figures...
54
54

UPVC window - wedges to position sealed units?
I fitted cladding to a bathroom ceiling by first screwing battens to the ceiling using these plastic packers to level it. Once you have pack of mixed thickness they seem to come in useful for other...
9
9

OT: Surgery Blood Tests??
Hi all, As we know, our first port of call whenever we have any health issues that require resolution, before we visit our GPs, is to ask for help on uk.d-i-y. The surgery I'm registered with lets me...
36
36

Car battery
My late wife's C3 has been on the drive since mid May this year, unused. Not surprisingly the battery was flat. Central locking, dashboard lights etc all not working. Bought a cheap charger from...
41
41

54v batteries from DeWalt
ITS Introduce you to Dewalt FLEXVOLT. An incredible Battery platform which is both a 54v AND an 18v battery in one. Perfect for use with either the 18v XR cordless tools from Dewalt, OR the all new,...
8
8

Low quantity run engineering solutions?
Hi all, Does anyone have personable experience of a 'small engineering Co' who might be able to produce a small (maybe 200 or so) stainless steel (M3-4) internally threaded 'inserts / spacers' at a...
18
18

OT - Tone generator and dog/cat whistle on mobile phone?
We have a deaf cat who apparently can still hear some high tones. So I was wondering if a dog whistle might aid communication. Then I wondered if there was a dog whistle app for a mobile phone. There...
12
12

Outdoor electrics
I've just read online that electrical work outside is no longer covered by Part P of the Electrical regs. When did this happen then???? Kind of relieved as my shed, which I inherited when I moved into...
46
46

Looking for small, surface mount (as in mount on a surface, not SMD) switches
I remember those. Metal body and toggle connected to one side of the supply. Maybe safe on low volts in terms of electrocution - but could be a fire risk if no fuse and a high current supply.
52
52

Royal Mail return of item
Just had a message from an eBayer "have the package returned to me as the package was damaged". That is new to me that Royal Mail return packages to their senders when damaged? Is this just a ruse to...
4
4