Air filter for wet/dry vacuum cleaner please

I acquired a Wolf WD20 wet/dry vac (of unknown vintage), couple of years ago from local charity shop. I tried to clean the foam filter around the motor intake and it disintegrated. Couldn't find anything online to fit it.

The existing filter is homemade from a sheet of foam (approx) 120mm x 400mm x 20mm thick. The two 120mm edges are gorilla taped together, to form a tube. What sort of foam do I need and best place for supply. Thanks in anticipation.

Reply to
Maurice Goldstein

Mr. Google doesn't recognise that, but I wonder if it is anything like the Wickes/Earlex one? These can use a foam tube, or a traditional cylindrical corrugated paper one, or there is a simple cloth bag with an elasticated "mouth" which might fit, available from Wickes IIRC. Or perhaps you could adapt the fibre bags for the Henry,

Cut off one end and fasten around intake with stout rubber band?

Reply to
newshound

Ah thanks, that'll do the trick. Microfibre should also be ok if I use as a wet vac. I've got some tree ties to fix bag onto intake.

Reply to
Maurice Goldstein