UPVC window - wedges to position sealed units?

Hi, Can anyone advise? I purchased a used PVC window, but with no shims/wed ges for positioning the sealed units centrally, prior to fitting the glazin g clip-strips. I expected to find suitable plastic wedges on eBay but I was wrong. Can anyone advise on where to source these, or what methods/materia ls you use to improvise? My window has two panes, each about 100cm x 50cm.

Many thanks!

Al

Reply to
trancenotes1776

Search for "uPVC packers" there are plenty on eBay

You may require bridge and/or various thicknesses of flat packers, depending on the frame type.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I bought an assortment (different thicknesses) of `packers` on ebay for a couple of £s

Reply to
ss

Fantastic - thanks to all respondents for the great help! Al

Reply to
trancenotes1776

I had the same problem with Crystal windows so the next time I added a pack of saddles to the order. For £5 I got a package of about 100 most of which I won't use. These are just the saddles. You also need another large pack of wedges which screwfix sell. However I just made my own from bits of Upvc scrap.

Reply to
Andrew

Those are for fitting the frame into the brick opening. The inner section of the frame has bits of moulding sticking up and you need special saddles to spread the weight of the glass unit evenly onto the frame.

Reply to
Andrew

Search on eBay for plastic packers ..... I just bought 500 mixed bag of them.

Reply to
rick

I fitted cladding to a bathroom ceiling by first screwing battens to the ceiling using these plastic packers to level it. Once you have pack of mixed thickness they seem to come in useful for other jobs.

Reply to
alan_m

Have a look at these:

I got one to see what they're like and they look useful for a few things

Reply to
Murmansk

They are indeed very useful for fitting the frames into the openings, but the O/P was asking how to pack the sealed units into the frames.

Reply to
Andy Burns