Yet another smart meter question

<snip>

Nope, in the same way that I wouldn't 'congratulate' someone for gambling someone else's family rent on an unknown horse that just happened to win.

If even one Brexiteer could have given us any provable odds over the last 3.5+ years re the likelihood of us *all* coming out of this better off (in all the important meanings of the word), then that might have been something ... but they haven't? In fact, much of what they put forward is no more than hopes, dreams and guesswork, just gambling again.

If it was such a dead cert, why didn't more than 1/3rd of the electorate put their money on it? Why did nearly the same number go against it? Why did it take lies and tricks to scam the vote in the first place?

Are you really one of those people who are happy to take the win because your horse was on steroids and the other wasn't?;-(

Really John, you can usually manage logic and reason better than that. ;-(

1/10

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip more weird s*1t from TNP>

Well, how very gracious of you. ;-)

And by 'pet obsessions' you include not being happy being scammed out on the EU by a minority of the electorate and for no good reason (or I'm guessing one would have stated it by now)?

A 'pet obsession' being to contest any un-democratic gamble we are tricked into by a vocal minority, taking advantage of the gullibility and general ignorance of the great unwashed?

And this *isn't* the same as any general or local election where any outcome is unlikely to have such a negative impact as Brexit, should the crossed fingers not work as hoped.

If you have the answer, if you can give me an answer that takes in the bigger picture and based on fact that shows me (and the other 2/3rd of the electorate who didn't actually vote to leave), how it's so clear to you, what we have missed by leaving, I'm sure we would all be very pleased to find out!

And that means anything you come up with, can't be just as easily countered by anyone else who knows equally little about it (the bigger picture) as the vast majority do (and especially those with no agenda).

The only *principle* we can all probably agree on is that the world is over populated but a knee-jerk reaction like leaving the EU *now* isn't necessarily the right way to deal with it (for the UK etc).

'Having full control of our borders' is meaningless if the numbers continue to rise and we have to make exceptions for all the people we need, as that's what was actually happening anyway (natural supply and demand) without all the cost of this extra pointless (therefore, points) system.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

None of that explains what you are trying to /achieve/ by continuing to bang on about it in this group.

Reply to
Robin
<snip>

1) Please learn to snip Robin. 2) Do you think democracy only works on certain days? 3) Have you ever heard of 'cause and effect'?

This whole Brexit mess is just as much a thorn in many peoples sides as say the FIT or PowerLine adaptors and the fact that it's 'here' doesn't stop people stating their opinion on it (or 'banging on about it' in your highly tolerant terminology). You have the power here, you have an 'off' button.

Had we actioned the democracy we had in place, we would have had an advisory referendum, done some research and then a full vote on it, we didn't.

So, if people feel the need to justify why they voted Leave (here), and others question that POV, isn't that up to them?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

AFAICS none of that answers my question.

PS

I did not (and do not) snip as I felt the question required the full context of your posts.

Reply to
Robin

That's very arguable with those who need to do it much more likely not working and so with plenty of free time. Same with the retired who were too silly to make decent provision for their time past working.

Ditto.

No real maths involved with supermarket price.

Certainly electricity supplier is more complicated.

Reply to
jon lopgel

I think there is an element of "beware what you wish for"...

Having markets and competition will to some extent help keep the price down overall, and also allow suppliers to target particular niche sectors and carve out a speciality that can build a reputation on.

However it all leads to the next phase when everyone wants to have easy "no hassle" switching. So building in some portfolio complexity probably adds a bit of customer inertia - since if they are nor sure of the best course of action, no action is the easiest option.

Since the only way to get a new customer in a fully developed market is to churn one from another supplier, you then create the ideal breading ground for the comparison sites to come alone and act as king makers (for there share obviously)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup, that's the stuff. They are topic areas that have been done to death, positions are entrenched, and no one is listening or attempting to see the others view point.

Phrases like flogging a dead horse spring to mind.

There may be a good forum for those discussions, but IMHO this is not it.

Reply to
John Rumm
<snip>

You do know this is a discussion group don't you Robin?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Except at the whole Brexit shambles untangles, new things / points come up and therefore create new topics of discussion?

But isn't that my call?

Agreed.

Now, when I see you trying to moderate all the pro Brexit supporters here, who are typically the ones starting the new threads on the subject ...?

Ah, no, sorry, I've just realised why that won't happen ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes, that is your pet obsession.

If you feel unhappy, there are drug you can take to combat such a feeling.

<snip undemocratic ramblings of a loser>
Reply to
Fredxx

This is a DIY group. There is no reason why your obsession should spill here.

Denial is another feature of an obsession. If you can't help it and believe it's someone else's call to pul back your obsession you need help.

At last.

Your idea of your moderation is seen as your obsession.

Reply to
Fredxx

You have one hell of an obsession.

Reply to
Fredxx

Cause and effect mate.

It takes two (or more), in case you hadn't noticed (hypocrite).

No, it's someone else's option to ignore / killfile me if they don't like reading what I post.

So, the next time you post / reply to anything Brexit related it's ok for me to try to moderate you?

Aww, bless like a left brainer like you could ever determine such things (but thanks for playing). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

And you can only see one POV, left brainer.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Hey, it's good to have a hobby. Unfortunately, my 'obsession' (as you call it) has only happened as a result of your 'crusade'. ;-(

A crusade you (or any of your cult) have yet to justify. But hey, you don't have to eh, you won (rolls eyes ... Hmm, so I wonder why you are still here poking your nose in Brexit discussions you will never understand ...)?

Who said anything about being unhappy (yet another example of a left brainer making s*1t up)?

Aww, bless.

Ere, Fedex, what did your Mum tell you, if you can't say something nice (or with some valid reason), STFU!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The cause is an obsession and the effect is to annoy.

I don't recall making a mention of how some don't like democracy.

Ah, the sign of one more lost argument.

Reply to
Fredxx

Care to explain how my crusade has led to your obsession to post nonsense about democracy?

You're the one who said, "pet obsession" and "not being happy".

Perhaps if you stopped calling people by childish names like referring to brain handedness you might get some nice things said about you. Didn't your mother tell you to be nice to to others and they'll be nice to you?

Reply to
Fredxx

Quite, I see an obsession.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes, but not here.

Sure, if all you want to do is piss off those who are prepared to engage with you on other "on topic" discussions, yup its your call.

Many I already have filtered permenently. Others start new threads specifically on the topic, and those I can easily ignore. Some posters I know from reputation will post little that interests me, so I can skip them regardless of what they post.

You on the other hand seems capable of coherent, intelligent, and interesting discussion on a range of topics, but with this Tourette's like need to "tick" into a rant on "Brexiteers this or that", "super majority the other", and "not proper democracy" at random intervals. One minute the discussion is smart meters, then all of sudden we have a diatribe on "those who voted Leave", and I think FFS give it a rest!

For the avoidance of doubt, all the sniping and crowing from others in the other direction is equally irritating. However if you want to start anti-brexit threads specifically, then I personally would actually find that preferable.

Reply to
John Rumm