Smart Meter - more

OVO installed our E&G Smart Meters last June, it worked fine, until November when I switched suppliers to First Utility. FU said they could not make use of the SM's, so I have been providing manual readings since then.

Today I received an email suggesting that FU would in future be obtaining the electric meter readings daily and logged on their site. as with OVO = I could arrange to set their reading frequency for logging purposes to monthly, daily, or every 30 minutes, with the data downloaded by them once per day.

I wonder why they just suggested the electricity meter, rather than both meters?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Hmm, so some interoperability is happening. What make/model of meters do you have?

My eon tariff is expiring next month and they're not offering the best deal for me (which they have for the past several years) I have assumed so far that changing suppliers will lose the smart readability.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote on 28/02/2017 :

I'm not yet convinced the email wasn't sent in error. There is a link in the email, to allow me to set monthly, daily or 30 minute logging of data. That link doesn't work, nor can I find any mention of smart metering anywhere in my account. The meters and indoor display unit are 'Secure' type.

I have emailed them asking them to confirm the email was sent intentionally.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield