OVO installed SM's for us last June. In Nov we changed suppliers to
First Utility. FU then said they could not enable the SM's to work with
them, but months later changed their minds and said they could use
Gas SM then began working, but not the E SM. More enquiries to FU and
if I agreed they would send an engineer to swap the E SM for another. I
agreed and the engineer arrived last Tuesday. He said he would have to
swap both meters and the indoor display too. Both meters and display
were swapped out for _identical units_.
Gas SM then worked with display, but not the E SM. Engineer said it
might take 48 hours before it all worked.
E SM and there web site consumption still not working properly
yesterday, 6 days later, so I rang FU late afternoon - who said
engineer was wrong, it could take 28 days. Come around midnight, when
data is exchanged - the E SM suddenly began to work.
Coincidence - probably not, I had exactly the same delayed operation
when OVO originally installed them, until I rang OVO to complain they
were not working, then suddenly they began to work.
The _identical units_
suggests that the only difference between OVO
SM's and FU SM's is the firmware in the units.
So for less than 50% of the time, despite agreeing to have SM's fitted,
they have been none functioning as SM's. Come Nov when my contract with
FU ends and I will reassess suppliers, likely the SM fiasco will begin