Smart Meters and supplier swap delays

Of course, what was not mentioned in the press, was that the record high in solar energy was immediately followed by a record low, and that the gap had to be filled by more-conventional supplies.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Rather like the Italian system, you get a special low price on an installation limited to 5kW, go over that and the smart meter cuts the supply so you need to reset it. If you want more than 5kW you pay a higher tariff. In practice that means in my Italian apartment the washing machine and water heater can run concurrently but putting on the dishwasher at the same time is likely (if all the heaters come on at the same time) to cut the lot.

Reply to
DJC

Sounds like a use for a battery bank

Reply to
Andy Burns

I went & saw a flat that was on a 5A feed once.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

France has a similar system. And to my personal knowledge has had at least since 1990, but could be much longer.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

seem most unlikely that some random day in May could be a record low, given all of the dismal days that we have from November to February (and that's before you take into account the difference in the length of the day)

tim

Reply to
tim...

Hint: what's the lowest output you can get from solar panels? And what follows day? Perhaps I should have said 'equalling the record low'...

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Another self-styled "old fogey" who can't even remember the Three Day Week.

Heath even had the telly shut down at 10 p.m every night.

But then "Playschool" will have finished well before then and you'll have been safely tucked up in bed with your teddy.

"Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong. Your BA flight will depart from some gate or other sometime next week, next week, next week".

Dear, dear, me. That's the job of the privatised utlity companies. Hadn't you worked that out yet ?

The Govt's only role in this, is to set up totally toothless regulators who occasionally fine them a couple of mill, i.e pocket money which is then trousered by HMG, who write long reports which nobody reads and tell them not to do it again.

michael adams

Reply to
michael adams

As soon as it has received its "compliment of small, lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment, and hygiene during the flight."

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker