Wing mirrors on cars

Use "metaled" instead.

Reply to
soup

or Electricity...

Reply to
soup

That sounds more like the temporary steel plates the Air Force uses when they're trying to build an airstrip in a swamp.

Reply to
rbowman

I see, a failing of the English language. I thought "trolling" was an adjective for "Sword".

So you're not really a right wing sensible person like me?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

At least it has back doors. I always laugh at cars with only front doors.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Which is why we didn't shorten it, but you guys just didn't think.

See sig below:

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I don't ride a bike myself, but every time I see a biker on the road, he's going much much faster than all the cars.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

There's no metal in it. It's stone and oil.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Or hydrogen fuel cells or CNG

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Two naked randy women at the back with pedals.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Ooops should be two Ls

From:-

" "Road metal" later became the name of stone chippings mixed with tar to form the road surfacing material tarmac. A road of such material is called a "metalled road" in Britain. "

Reply to
soup

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:07:22 -0000, soup wr= ote:

It doesn't contain metal so the terminology is incorrect. Most people s= ay "tarmac", after the substance "tar" which is a longer chain part of o= il, and "macadam", the guy that invented it.

-- =

Our records indicate that you were once felt up by Jimmy Savile and coul= d be entitled to =A32147 in compensation. Just reply "Hows about that then" to register, or to opt out just reply = "Stop Jimmy Stop". Register before the end of the month and get a free "Lawyers 4 U".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

"Baby food" doesn't contain babies, "Cottage pie" doesn't contain cottages, "Toad in the hole" doesn't contain toads, are those terminologies incorrect too?

Reply to
soup

It's food FOR babies, dumbass.

It's a pie made IN a cottage, dumbass.

Never tried it, don't care for silly things like that.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yes, it's very misleading. But rightly or *wrongly* that's what it's called.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

OK Shepherds pie that isn't made in a Shepherd and doesn't contain Shepherds .

Because YOU consider it silly it doesn't exist.

Face it (whether you consider it sensible or not) there are lots of things which don't contain the thing their name contains

Reply to
soup

Never hard it used in real life. It's tarmac.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It's the shepherds' favourite pie.

No, it's just very rare.

I'm still waiting for you to think of one.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

How about "Mettaled road" doesn't contain metal. Voila and the circle is complete .

Reply to
soup

Perhaps your life, though real, is limited. The expression 'metalled road' and its converse 'unmetalled road' were used in the key to 1" Ordnance Survey maps last time I looked. Though it may actually be about fifty years since I read this bit of the key.

Reply to
Roger Hayter