Adjustable mirrors

I wish to attach about 40 small mirrors around the outside of a disk. The mirrors are 10mm square and the disk will be about 130mm diameter and 10mm thick. The disk will spin at about 300rpm.

I need to be able to adjust the tilt of all the mirrors so that they all point in slightly different directions. Can anyone think of a good way of doing that?

The mirrors have a sticky back so would be stuck to something that could be adjustable. That would have to be small and lighweight. Once adjusted, I don't want the setting to change.

Now that I've typed all this I have thought of a very simple solution. But maybe yours is better!

Reply to
Matty F

Ask Jeremy Jago how he mounted his.

Graham

I just want to spread a laser over a two dimensional area.

Reply to
Matty F

You making a mini deathray?

Hellraiser

Well as Baird only used 30 mirrors I thought you were going HD!

Reply to
Graham

Sticky back and 300rpm?

Forget it!

Reply to
EricP

Silicon sealant/mastic!

Set mirrors on plasticine blobs. Rotate disk slowly to see the effect and get the angles right. Seal around the edges carefully and wait to dry.

300 rpm....Hmmmm.........Make sure alls dry first and I reckon it'll work

But that's only 5 revolutions per second. I can wave my hand around that fast. Do you really think it's a problem?

Reply to
Matty F

Ah but do you have mirrors attached to your hands?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

making. It will be very useful if it works.

Reply to
Matty F

A laser projector?

John

away. I think I'll just shape the disk so that the edge gradually slopes away from the vertical, and stcik the mirrors directly on the edge. No adjustment needed. Since I'm not drawing pictures it doesn't have to be that accurate.

Reply to
Matty F