Where can I get a replacement Bosch main motor for a washing mc WFX2867GB

Where can I get a replacement Bosch main motor for a washing mc WFX2867GB

At a reasonable price.

As the drum fails to rotate at all, and its not the belt.

Could the problem be something else.

Reply to
thelane

CPC is usually a good price if they can do the part. You have to phone them up -- most of their white goods spares are not in their catalogue or online.

Don't know that machine, but generally it could be the controller, some semiconductor driver (triac/SCR), or just a blown fuse. Even in the case of the motor (which is likely to be of the order £100), it might just be the brushes (nearer £5).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Bosch?

At a reasonable price.

110 quid AFAICS. Fairly typical.

Tried the brushes? If it has any...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Another common one is a broken wire in the wiring loom, caused by vibration. Might not be visibly broken, just the conductors broken.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I did hear what I thought was sparking, but no burning smell, I even went and checked the mains plug. But the machine had just stopped at that point, mid cycle, full of water and no error code.

Just how do you get the motor out ??

Reply to
thelane