Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

Jules pretended :

Imagines - buying a box of matches and the seller insisting on testing every match before handing them over :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

I'll cell them

Reply to
geoff

Anyway, he doesn't want a battery - he wants a cell!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yeah, yeah

read my post ...

Reply to
geoff

If you can find zinc carbon cells, they last longer than alkaline under very low current draw. And should be cheaper too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You get one of those after the battery, don't you?

Reply to
Jules

Precisely - there's too much of this throw-away society. Just because goods are so cheap nowadays doesn't mean that people should be flagrant and toss stuff away with impunity, regardless of their personal means, such as (lots of pretty gadgets and gizmos)...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In message , Frank Erskine writes

I'm in the process of buying up all the AA batteries in the world

Then I can charge obscene amounts of money to all those people with clocks powered by AA batteries and become a millionaire

Reply to
geoff

You obviously are or were a banker.

When the price of AA batteries falls the government will have to bail you out so that the public still has a supply of them for their clocks.

O no - you only wrote 'millionaire' - not multi-.

Reply to
Rod

In this house, without leaving the comp and checking; the main tv remote, a portable TV remote, four clocks, digital camera, Wii "controls/wands", son's DVD player remote, two torches, three sets of bike lights, two touch lights, electric toothbrush and all my radio control gear takes AA batteries. I pretty much use rechargables (where feasible) , but I do have too watch as the nominal voltage for dry cells is 1.5V (although it does drop from this value very quickly)but that of rechargables is 1.2V .

Reply to
soup

For gawds sake buy another clock and buy two cells.

Reply to
dennis

and how environmentally friendly is that solution?

tim

Reply to
tim....

Beg a used AA cell that a neighbour is chucking - from some application where a low voltage/low current cell is not satisfactory but the cell is not dead. (We've got a little pot of such things awaiting a trip to the HWAP.) Probably be able to run a clock for a few months. In fact, beg a few then you won't have to ask again in a few months. :-)

Reply to
Rod

In message , tim.... writes

Time will tell ...

Reply to
geoff

Why were you replying to me?

Reply to
soup

I wasn't, use something other than thunderbird. ;-)

Reply to
dennis

From where I'm standing it looks like you were replying to him, and I'm not using thunderbird:

Soup's article had the following in its headers:

From: soup Message-ID:

Your article had the following in its headers:

From: "dennis@home" > For gawds sake buy another clock and buy two cells.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

same here - dennis the menace strikes again

Reply to
geoff

You did. Perhaps your finger slipped. I checked on OE and Pan, as well as the original Thunderbird, all have you as replying to me.

Reply to
soup

8<

A good reason not to use the headers to thread news articles then.

If I had been replying to soup I would have quoted him.

I have no intention of going back through dozens of posts that I have already deleted from my machine just to find a set of headers belonging to the OP.

Reply to
dennis