Where can I buy plastic shoe heel taps

For years I have used plastic taps to reduce wear on the heels of my shoes. I used to buy them for a company called Hale Heels. They went out of business a few years ago. Does anyone where I can buy these taps?? They're like the old metal ones you used to put on the heels of shoes, but they're plastic. Thanks

Reply to
Al Kondo

I looked recently for these in Hawaii. No luck. Ended up smearing a crescent of epoxy on the heel for the same effect.

Reply to
John Keiser

I know whatcher talking about - like this, though this seems pricey:

roger61611

No idea, but seems like a good shoe repair shop would be a place to start.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to take some generally-available reasonably hard plastic and fashion something that would get by in a pinch, so to speak, particularly if one had access to a bandsaw or scroll saw for cutting out.

I've not seen a tap of any kind except on boots or dance shoes in 30+ yrs...seem to be a thing of the past what w/ the almost ubiquitous "sneaker"...

Reply to
dpb

Wow, am I glad to see this!

I bought a big package of (I thik rubber?) heel tips from Hale years ago and am on my last few. Didn't know Hale went out of business.

Just spent an hour surfing to find equivalent, but no luck!

So thanks.

Note that this seller sounds like he will deal on larger quantities, so might end up not so pricey.

I glue mine on rather than pound in, as I don't have a "foot" to hold shoes while nailing.

Apasia

Reply to
aspasia

Woolworth's?

Since there is no more Woolworths, try and 5 and dime. Or places like K-mart, or any place with a Notions department (do they still have those?) or a shoe repairman.

Reply to
mm

Maybe if I put taps on my sneakers, they would last longer.

Reply to
mm

I should mention to the earlier posts that I use the plastic taps now on my running/walking shoes, By gluing them on they extend the wear of the heel areas a great deal. Because of my foot strike, this area wears very quickly.

Al

Reply to
Al Kondo

Walmart or a shoemaker.

Reply to
jtees4

Dear Alkon,

This is Chris Murphy from Hale Heel Co. We have not closed, we have moved to PA. Our website is

where you can find everything you need. Our email address is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

We look forward to serving you again.

Regards,

Chris Murphy Hale Heel Co

Reply to
Hale Heel Co

Al,

We're still here and our customers love our No noise Taps. They save hundreds of dollars on shoes with our products and we make walking or running more comfortable, have been for years.

Check out our website at haleheel.com

Regards,

Chris Murphy Hale Heel

Reply to
Hale Heel Co

To Hale Heel.

Before you post a reply to usenet, you are well advised to check the date of the post you are replying to.

In this case, "Al Kondo" posted his question about plastic taps in October 2006. That's over 6 years ago. So you can understand how silly your response looks to those of us that are regular readers of this newsgroup (alt.home.repair).

It is not likely that Al Kondo will ever see your reply, let alone still be interested in getting an answer after all this time has passed. His posting activity to usenet appears to span a time-frame from 1995 to August 2007, so it is highly likely he either died or has completely abandoned participating in usenet 5 years ago.

And if you don't know what usenet is, I suggest you look it up in wikipedia.

Home Guy

Did not look that silly to me, but I never look at the dates. Once in a while an old post seems to resurface, but not a big deal.

Besides. I just saw Al last week. He is in a wheelchair now because he cannot find a proper heel.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's always silly to reply to old posts.

Nobody's saying it's a "big deal".

Don't be so impressed.

The Heel posted through "homeownershub" - a third-rate usenet interface. It was probably that web-interface that stripped away the date of the original post - not "the Heel".

Reply to
Home Guy

Yet you still singled it out and replied.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

How does the fact that I replied equate to it being a "big deal" ?

Unlike the vast majority of the usenet replies that are made to stale or long-dead posts, this one made here by The Heel appeared to NOT be made by a bot. Judging by the content of the reply, it appeared to be made by a real person. So to educate The Heel, I simply told him that he was responding to a 6 year-old post, and it's a silly thing to do.

Now, why are you making a federal case out of this?

I see your needling me over my reply to the Heel as making no sense at all.

Reply to
Home Guy

replying to Home Guy , Hale Heel Co - Chris Murphy wrote: Gentlemen,

First let me say I am sorry to hear that Al is in a wheel chair, my prayers go out to him.

You need to know that I searched GOOGLE for Hale Heel and found your discussion regarding Hale Heel Co. When I saw that this post said Hale Heel is closed I needed to respond to it because, I am Hale Heel Co (well actually my name is Chris) and I want people to know we are not closed.

So whether it was 2013 or 2006 it doesn't matter, the fact still remains the same that we are open for business.

I hope I didn't stir up too much commotion, but I am glad that people read this forum.

All the best to everyone, and if we can serve any of you by making your feet more comfortable please let us know.

Regards,

Chris

Home wrote:

Reply to
Hale Heel Co - Chris Murphy

Aphasia hello from Hale Heel Co!

I know your post is many years old but I wanted you to know we did NOT go out of business. Our website is

I hope this message finds you well.

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
Hale Heel Co

Well, it's now oct. 2015 and I just found a new place to buy heel taps from this old thread. So thanks Chris. Glad to see you are still in business....

Reply to
gloster123

Glost hello, It's now November 17, 2015 I hope you found and are enjoying your heel taps. We are thankful to be in business now over 52 years.

As a way of showing our thanks to all who follow this forum we are giving 10% off your next purchase at

use the code haleheelthankyou

Any questions or need anything else you can call too. 484-393-2253

Reply to
haleheel