Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

Off the top of my head:

My mini-maglite does. Same with both TV remotes, the Wii remotes, the remote for the tower fan, any number* of the kids' toys, the external flash for my camera, the display on some of the wife's gym equipment, the furnace thermostat, my portable shaver (not that I ever use it), the built-in light for my pillar drill...

  • never ever buy one of those laser-tag things for the kids. 4 guns, 6 AAs in each...

I think my stud detector widget might use AAs, too (although that might be a 9V), but it's over in a different building right now, it's snowing outside, and I can't be bothered to go and check ;-)

I'm sure there's other stuff I haven't thought of (some stick-on closet lights did, but they were utter crap so I fixed 'em with a big 'ammer :-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

Our two less-than-a-year-old Panasonic flat-screen TVs both use remotes which take 2 AA cells. So does an 18-month-old Sony Bravia LCD TV. In fact, hardly anything here uses AAAs; the only thing that comes to mind is a room thermostat (but all our UFH thermostats take AAs).

Richard.

Richard Russell

lol ... I was only joking about being off topic ... it's by far more on topic than some of the discussions over the years :)

Turns out Maplins also supply these rather than making the Blue Peter version.

not a great idea for most applications but should be fine for yours.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

snipped-for-privacy@9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...

All of the things you mentioned plus...., just not the ones you currently own.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Buy the wife/partner/yourself a "pocket pleaser" from Ann Summers and she can use the others from a pack of 2 or 4.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

If you seal them up airtight and dump them in the bottom of the freezer, the roughly 40C drop in temp slows chemical reactions down by a factor of 2^4 =3D 16, so they should last a lifetime. Must be properly sealed though.

NT

Reply to
NT

If you seal them up airtight and dump them in the bottom of the freezer, the roughly 40C drop in temp slows chemical reactions down by a factor of 2^4 = 16, so they should last a lifetime. Must be properly sealed though.

NT

Items such as remote controls have very little current drain so AAAs are fine for them. Anything with a higher demand - eg. Toys with motors are more likely to need AAs to give a reasonable battery life.

Reply to
John

tim.... formulated the question :

So buy four and give three away, they really are not expensive.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Hellish expensive, but pretty - and no charger needed!

2 per pack.
mick

> I used to have a small travel razor that took them, these now come with

Rampant Rabbits

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

look after the pennies .....

tim

Reply to
tim....

Small local shop or the market would probably sell you one (or two).

We get through quite a few.

AA...five clocks, various toys, TV remote, Wii remotes (2), portable CD player (!), alarm clock...

AAA...clocks, Palm, other remotes, MP3 players, alarm clock...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Easily solved. Buy another 3 clocks. :-)

Reply to
mick

TV is a Panasonic S-IPS LCD, 6 months, 2x AA. DVD is Panasonic Recorder, 4 months, 2x AA.

I wanted Humax but others wanted DVD/CD.

Kidde and I think ?FirstAlert? CO use 3x AA. Smoke alarms of battery & mains w/ backup use 9V PP3.

Indeed! :-)

Reply to
js.b1

In message , tim.... writes

I've got remotes, a camera, sound recorder, clock all of which I can see without moving from this seat

Loads of things really

buy a pack of 4 give the rest away

Honestly, don't you think that life's to short to worry about such things

Reply to
geoff

In a clock wouldn't the self discharge rate make them useless?

I put a couple of r/c clocks in my church in Twickenham and particularly for the out-of-reach one it was really usefully that it self adjusted when the clocks changed. I couldn't help thinking that a larger C or D battery might have kept the clock running for several years, not just one.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Digital camera Multiple remote controls Wireless mice Mini maglite Bathroom scales Bike lights

but then I do go out of my way to buy equipment that does take AA (other standard rechargeables) instead of propriety batteries.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , mogga writes

Bought some POundshop C cells for a change sorter - they leaked electrolyte all over the battery compartment

Reply to
geoff

people selling them in large multi-packs. After

1 instead of 4.

when it was quite normal for a small retailer to split a pack. Probably the same retailers that sold single Woodbines to school children.

Reply to
Graham.

Graham. explained on 02/12/2009 :

So am I, but things have moved on a long way from those days. Money is plentiful and things are much cheaper. What does a four pack of AA's cost?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield