Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

They do vary. One clock pags out at about 1.1V but that cell will then run another clock for 3 - 4 months. My RF 'stat/prog. drops out at 1.4V so the 4 cells go in to a marked box and are used for clocks.

Reply to
PeterC

Oh shit! Still, most don't go into expensive gear.

Reply to
PeterC

tim.... expressed precisely :

Try a pound shop. 4x AA for £1.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

tim.... expressed precisely :

..and that far back as well :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It happens that Bruce formulated :

No, that was called - preventing the customer bringing the lamp back for a refund, because it didn't work :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It happens that Jules formulated :

No - in those days they were packed in an open ended corrugated pack, with the contacts exposed. The modern box would mean your opening it to test it and re-packing it. Besides which they are so very cheap in comparison these days and so rare to find a dud. Who cares if one in a pack of ten happens to be a dud?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

but aren't they like the ones on my local market stall.

they have an expiry date of next year instead of 2016 that the full priced ones have.

Reply to
tim....

In message , tim.... writes

You have to look at it over the life of the battery which is more like

0.01%

FFS - give me your address, I'll send you an AA battery for xmas

Reply to
geoff

In message , tim.... writes

CPC - on offer today, 40 for a fiver

Reply to
geoff

Three spatial dimensions, plus time?

Reply to
Jules

I didn't think the boxes were sealed - maybe they are. I'd forgotten about those corrugated sleeves, though!

Yeah, there is that. But I was also thinking more generally, and whether most people would find someone wanting to test an item before handing it over a good thing or not. I suspect it'd just piss a lot of people off :-(

Reply to
Jules

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

Blimey, are you Herman Goering?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Graham." saying something like:

Still happens in small shops.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember NT saying something like:

Utter c*ck.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Well it wouldn't be easy in a supermarket, where I suspect most bulbs are purchased - each checkout would have to have a tester, with various sizes and types of lampholder; and all the checkout operators would have to be 'trained' how to test blubs... Think of the fun in a long queue...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

:-)

Nah - he'd have sent Fliegerabwehrkanone.

Reply to
Rod

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Das wird AckAck sein

Gott in Himmel, you tricked me verdammmmt Englander [1]

[1] - or not
Reply to
geoff

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

How many batteries does that need then ?

Reply to
geoff

Heh, I had one of those - finally died last year after a maths A level, a Further Maths A level and then a Maths degree (followed by 14 years of random use :)).

I had a very early one that had a firmware bug that meant the 3root button would display 2root - it would still perform a cube root, just the display was wrong.

I remember writing to Casio to moan and got a load of freebies (including a couple of sets of batteries :))

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

geoff wrote on 03/12/2009 :