Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

I have seen two for a pound in Poundland, but they don't sell them singly.

Reply to
Bruce

I used to do that in my shop. I charged exactly a quarter of the price of a four pack, so it didn't make me any more money than selling a whole pack, but it did seem to generate a lot of goodwill.

Reply to
Bruce

In message , tim.... writes

Get a life ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Don't they take four of them?

Leaving him with just the same quandry, but with a nice warm feeling

Reply to
geoff

Jules wrote on Dec 2, 2009:

My TV remote and cable controller both use 2 AAs each; I have 5 radio controlled wall clocks which each use one, and a bedside alarm and a mantlepiece digital calendar/clock also with one each. My Garmin GPS uses two, and my Canon camera four. Several digital timers, thermometers and hygrometers use one or two each. I'm sure there are a few more around if I think a bit... oh yes, the logitech mouse in my right hand uses two AAs as well. The list goes on...

Reply to
Mike Lane

Has been back in Blighty also. Last Saturday, I went over to see elderly Pater and do shopping and whatever in N Wales.Significant picture book white Christmas trimmings to the tops of the mountains. Photographs of snow in County Durham in the Telegraph today and last week, programmes from Scotland on the Beeb showing more of the same confetti on the Scottish mountains.

Bl^^dy cold here on Monday morning, must have been under minus 4C overnight - you appreciate that's serious stuff!

Just glad that I'd topped up the motor with appropriate windscreen stuff on Sunday after my trip!

Reply to
Clot

Yes?

That still doesn't answer the OP's question though.

It does seem a waste (environmentally if nothing else) to buy unwanted batteries just to throw them away.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Alkaline or zinc carbon/chloride?

Reply to
Part timer

In message , Frank Erskine writes

dispose of them responsibly ...

Reply to
geoff

Zinc/carbon IIRC

Reply to
geoff

It answers one of his questions! And several people have answered the other...

Reply to
Bob Eager

plentiful and things are much cheaper. What does a four

Well quite. Tim seems to be saying his wall-clock is the only device he owns that takes AAs I seem to have dozens of them.

Did you see my post about lithium AA cells, I have been experimenting with them as Sainsbury's are selling them for little more than branded alkaline, and Tesco had a half price offer too that I expect they will repeat. I imagine you could get in excess of 5 years life in a quartz clock, I tried them in my wireless thermostat and it didn't like them because, I suspect, of their higher than 1.5v off load voltage

Reply to
Graham.

I bet you tested each light-bulb in front of the customer too. My friend did that in his shop.

Reply to
Graham.

To bring this on-topic for a DIY group -

hall clock takes a D cell, however I have been putting AAs in it for years, all I did was bend the -ve leaf-spring so it gripped the shorter cell.

Reply to
Graham.

Lithium AAs are easy to get now. I recon you will get 5 years + in a R/C wall clock.

Reply to
Graham.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Every toy we buy for the grandchildren seems to require multiple batteries. Got one last week which needs 4xAA and 4xAAA Also my Olympus camera will only work with good quality AA cells.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Yes, guilty as charged. ;-)

It's called "customer service" and it pays dividends (in terms of goodwill) far beyond the small amount of effort involved.

Reply to
Bruce

... except that they come in packs of 4.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

There's no law that says you have to use all four!

You could sell the other three on eBay. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce