WC pan skid marks

There can be many reasons,has anyone in the house had portion of bowel removed surgically? sometimes this causes the waste to sink. Floating motions cause less marks, the sinking ones cause marks. Adjust diets to make them float.

Reply to
F Murtz

My thread, originally posted with a serious intent, seems to have encouraged a number of amusing replies, for which I am truly thankful!

A few additional technical points.

  1. I don't think that roughness or limescale on the surface glazing is a cause here. It seems perfect to the touch - unless we are considering 'micro-scoring' here.

  1. The issue does not concern any individual, or their diet/health. This affects a family and their visitors also.

  2. Seat adjustment has been considered and tried, but that has not solved the problem which simply moves from the front to the rear.

  1. Pre-flushing has also been tried, and is partially successful. But I thought the idea was to reduce household water consumption, not increase it!

  2. I've done quite a lot of travelling and seen many WC pan designs overseas. In Germany, for instance, where they have a fetish for examining their stools, WC pans have a ledge at the bottom of a large pan which then gets flushed clear.

It seems to me that the overall size of the target (water)at the pan base is the solution to this problem. If sufficiently large then the pan sides could be more vertical, and the issue of skid marks would not occur. It is all about the pan design.

Anyone agree?

Reply to
David J

But then they may need a helping hand to take the plunge.

Reply to
stuart noble

It pan only. Te seat is perfectly located.

The problem is the flush is exceptionally poor as well. It basically misses part of the pan.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

doesn't work

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why I went for a high level - beats the crap out of a low level.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Course you have to make sure the "inputs" comply with the regs;)...

tony sayer

Good idea.. I saw some blood streaks the other year turned out to be the start of Bowel cancer, was a polyp forming into one.

I was very lucky to have had that picked up early;)....

Reply to
tony sayer

You need to eat more PTFE in your diet.

Reply to
The Other Mike

these can be high level. Ours are mid level,

The problem is the rim design and bowl shape does not swirl the water past that part of the pan it should.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The biggest problem with dropping the turds straight into the water is this time of year the splash is bloody cold on the ring.

Reply to
1501

Normal poo *should* sink. Floating poo is a sign of too much undigested fat getting through your system either due to too much fat in your diet or poor absorbtion.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Thus spake harry ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

I've had similar problems ever since a decorator decided to flush Polyfilla or some similar type of goo down my loo about 3 years ago, but some stayed behind and stuck to the bottom and set hard, and has remained there ever since despite attempts to clean it off, and it stains very quickly. I think the only solution really is to replace the pan and cistern - it's not a very good flusher anyway and I'd like a dual flush cistern anyway.

Reply to
A.Clews

So Polyfilla is water resistant after all :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

hydrochloric acid

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thus spake The Natural Philosopher ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) unto the assembled multitudes:

I did try a whole bottle of limescale-busting fluid, which got rid of some, but not all.

I'm not very happy with the loo anyway (uneven and weak flushing, and lack of dual flush function), so I'll replace it soon.

Reply to
A.Clews

multitudes:

Took me two appalling days of various acids and a careful bit of chiselling to descale a loo in a rented house.

Persistence and a strong stomach are the key.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I used to have a lav like that in my flat in Cologne, but nowadays newer German houses seem to have forgotten about them.

MM

Reply to
MM

You and your bloody brick acid! How would that affect filler, which I imagine is essentially acrylic?

Reply to
stuart noble

Possibly a sign of coeliac disease or multi-food allergy.

Instead of having a surface area of tens of square meters the bowel has only about 1 sq m due to the effects of the destructive agent, amd there is much less area to absorb the fat.

TF

Reply to
Terry Fields