Vista alarm panel problems

I've just moved into a house with what appears to be a Vista R8 alarm panel that was installed around 7 years ago. I have downloaded the manual from the website, but it doesn't seem to give the right function codes. I want to change the pin code and to do a walk test, but when I follow the instructions for changing the code I put in the current code and then press the Prog key which gives me some sort of error tone and not the response I'm expecting, and then it doesn't accept the "60" menu code. Does anyone know if this is an old version of the panel and if so where I can get the instructions on it please? I know for certain that I have the correct pin as I can successfully set and unset the alarm with it.

Reply to
Kooky45

In my experience with these things, there are 2 PIN's a householder PIN, and an engineer PIN. There is often a way to reset them both, but the vendors don't tell you what it is .......

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Thanks. I just realised it's actually a Veritas panel, not Vista.

Reply to
kenord

If the alarm is serviced by a local company, get them to reset everything for you, and they'll also change to coding for you while they're there. If the alarm is just a DIY installation, then open it up and reset everything back to factory default, then insert your own engineer and user codes so no one else knows them. That includes the original installer.

to change your code:

enter existing code. press prog. press 60. enter your new code followed by prog. press reset

if your panel is a old veritas then slightly different

enter existing code press 00 press 01 enter new code press prog press reset

Reply to
BigWallop

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:39:58 GMT, "BigWallop" strung together this:

Er, and reprogram all the zones and test everything.

Reply to
Lurch