Two interesting 'specials' from CPC

First one is a 'stick' DVM.

very well made with soft touch plastics, retractable probe, machine screw fixing for battery case, nylon cloth case. Two common leads - one probe, one crock clip. Quick check with my calibration rig shows it to be good. At 11.69 quid seems decent value - and much smaller than a conventional DVM for the toolkit. Doesn't replace something like a Steinel for quick rough measurement, but a handy DIY tool for voltage, continuity and resistance measurment.

Second is a mains monitor.

to do what it says on the box and cheaper than others I've seen at

17.57.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's a true power meter, also reading out voltage, current, power factor, frequency, energy, and possibly something else I've forgotten.

CPC have been offering it in bulk (10 IIRC) for around £11 + VAT.

Maplin have had it on offer in some of their shops for around £12, but it's normally twice that price.

I have a couple. The only issue with this device is that it has no battery backup, so it loses everything if the power goes off. Otherwise, it's very good.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel