CPC floodlight

CPC have 30w LED floodlights on special offer at approx 17 quid.

Not that much info in the spec, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have two of these. The light is rather cold, but otherwise they're OK.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes. But for floodlights, it probably doesn't matter too much. They just seemed cheap for a 30w one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Any idea or guess what the *rough* equivalance of this to tungsten or discharge floodlights might be? I'm thinking

Reply to
Nick

The LEDs are not good quality - low efficiency, poor colour rendering, too high (cold) colour temperature. I bought a 16W LED floodlight from Costco which was better in all those respects, including more light output than the 20W version of the one above. Also, the Costco one has a diffuser over the LEDs which makes it less painful if you catch it in your line of sight. (It was sold as a worklight - I removed the stand, and it's been mounted on a tree in my parents' garden for a couple of years.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I wondered that too, since they don't give a figure for light output.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Personally, I think the cold white light cuts through the gloom a lot better than the warmer colour temperature. The local council has a ongoing policy of renewing street lamps with LED and all seem to be of the cool (blue) white variety.

Reply to
alan_m

Which generally IMHO look crap.

Reply to
ARW

I'm generally not too bothered for outside or street lighting etc. Especially as LEDs tend to be more efficient at the cool end of the spectrum.

Inside, for domestic lighting, a different matter. I want something close to halogen.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks very much Chris, it is an interesting guide. Having read Andrew Gabriel's previous post, I will pass on these. Nick.

Reply to
Nick