Toilet roll holder dilemma

I'm fitting our new bathroom and naturally want a toilet roll holder. In hotels you typically get a holder for 2 rolls, or a separate holder for the spare roll. In the bathroom suppliers I've looked in you can only get a single roll holder - I guess when it runs out they expect you to make your way to some cupboard with your trousers round your ankles. Is there a double roll holder on the market? How have others dealt with this (crocheted dolls over the spare roll is not an acceptable solution)?

Reply to
xxx

I've never seen a double ( or more ) toilet roll holder but you can certainly get things like Kitchen roll holders that hold "spare" rolls and sit on the floor ( usually) .There is one at least in the Argos catalogue . Try on-line bathroom accessory suppliers too

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I keep my pack of toilet paper on the floor underneath the toilet roll holder. It collects dust, talcum powder etc. but I do know where salvation is! I have come across wall mounted holders for around 3 rolls - sorry, can't remember where.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

How about a bog roll bandolier? You'll be ready for action wherever you go.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Google is your friend;

The Medway Handyman

We have a white floor standing container that holds five rolls. It's refilled when there are four spaces..! It was manufactured with a silly 'drain hole' in the bottom, which I promptly blocked, since it just lets water *in*.

Reply to
Bob Eager

When my toilet roll is down to its last-but-one use, I remove the remaining tissue from the roll, change the roll to a new one, and leave the remains from the last roll neatly on top of the new roll ready to be used.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Just leave a spare roll on the cistern.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I have now trained myself to check that there's enough paper on the roll, before I sit down.

Reply to
Nick

Ha...Thats exactly what I do as well

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

But do you make a pointy fold?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh for goodness sake! I can see this straying into the constant battle between SWMBO and self over whether the dangly bit should be at the back or the front of the roll. (Obviously, Mary, you're a fellow fronter with me on this one as there'd be little point in folding a pointy bit on a rear dangle . . .) Roger

Reply to
RB News

What about the seat up/seat down thing?

Reply to
Andy Hall

How about a bigger toilet roll in the first instance?

;-)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I tend to only have one showing,as any more would give the impression to would be visitors you shit a lot. make a box above the cistern for more TR's

:-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I do that and wife does it when she remembers but the laddies (13 & 12) never do.

Reply to
soup

Thinking of which, reminded me of the label on Tesco's "new" 560g CHILLI Sauce, which states, amongst other items, "Once opened, keep refrigerated and consume wthin 3 days..." I live on my own - think about it...

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

That stuff's for schoolgirls.

This one, rated at 2 million Scovilles would last a day or two.

my personal favourite is this one at a slightly lower rating

Andy Hall

At least you wouldn't make a headlong rush, only to find the door bolted.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart