INSPIRATION - Toilet Paper Roll Hide Away

I'm not fantastically inspired by it myself. One, I don't want to open a door to get to a magazine. Two, I definitely don't want to open a door to get a new roll, then discover thare ain't no new roll.

In the first bathroom, the one my son normally uses, I've got a rattan stand I brought back in '75. Bath towels are on the top shelf, and 4X4 magazies on the next three.

As far as toilet paper, every once in awhile the store has 24 packs on sale, fo around $5. I tend to buy at "least" two packs when they go on sale - sometimes it's a lonnng time between sals. Just now there are two unopened packs in the first bathroom, on end, on the floor. On top of they s a stack of rolls. Every time a roll is taken from the stack, I rearrange the stack in a sligtly dfferent desgn. I do the same in the back bathroom. Heh heh, just now there's around 130 rolls total in the house. Being able to look and SEE that there's another roll availabe when the present roll runs out is one of the joys in life.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

This reminds me of the time when my girlfriend (now wife) had a favorite toilet paper type that was being discontinued. We were in different towns at the time, so she asked me to pick up some for her on my way out of town to visit her.

I went to the store and bought out what they had (about 4 of the big packs), and while I was there, she called me with another special request, which I, being the dutiful boyfriend I was, complied with.

The check-out girl sure did give me a funny look when I checked out with my 5 items: 4 huge packages of TP and one big bottle of Liquid Plumber.

-Nathan

Reply to
N Hurst

| The check-out girl sure did give me a funny look when I checked out | with my 5 items: 4 huge packages of TP and one big bottle of Liquid | Plumber.

I hope you told her you planned to mix the Liquid Plumber with Milk of Magnesia. :-D

Morris Dovey

Thu, Jul 5, 2007, 5:42pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (N=A0Hurst) did sayeth: The check-out girl sure did give me a funny look when I checked out with my 5 items: 4 huge packages of TP and one big bottle of Liquid Plumber.

While we're in that general area, this is the best type of toilet plunger I've ever come across.

I googled for toilet plunger, but typed in toilet "plunder" first time around, and came up wth this.
've just gotta love google.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

At least she did not ask you to buy her monthly supply of Bottle Rockets.

Reply to
Leon

Sounds to me like you have too much time (and paper) on your hands.... Get out in nthe workshop and get some crap on ya hands. You might be surprised at how good it feels to get your hands dirty once in a while.

> I'm not fantastically inspired by it myself. One, I don't want to

Reply to
Paul D

Fri, Jul 6, 2007, 8:37pm (EDT+14) snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.net (Paul=A0D) doth mmble: Sounds to me like you have too much time (and paper) on your hands.... Get out in nthe workshop and get some crap on ya hands. You might be surprised at how good it feels to get your hands dirty once in a while.

Run out of toilet paper once and you'll know, you can nver have too much toilet paper.

I'm still working on my mornng cuppa, so no chance to get my hands dirty so far today. For what it's worth, I work with wood in my shop, ad don't get my hands dirty. Besides, what's so special about getting one's hands dirty? Got 'em dirty yesterday, didn't feel any better than clean hands.

Part of woodworking is googling for inspiration. For me anyway.

J T