Toilet roll holder dilemma

Normal people check the roll status before they lower their trousers.

If all else fails, jump into the shower... Is

Bathroom cupboard with a spare roll in, spare roll on top of the cistern, spare roll slipped over the bogbrush holder..yell at wife...use Drivels copy of the Bumper Book of How Things Work,

use fingers and wash...call up Tonty Blair and pretend your Dubya Bush...;)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you let one roll run out you will let two run out just as easily.

There is no intrinsic difference between " blimey, only a couple of sheets left on that - better get a new one BEFORE I start" and "christ, one loo roll is finished, better get a spare one up now"...except the latter is all to easily put off till tomorrow..

With precisely the same results.

In never ceases to amaze me how much effort Man will go to in order to indulge himself in mental laziness..

Or how many people that call themselves intelligent and disciplined run their domestic arrangements in a way that would have any business fold in a couple of weeks.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nobody likes a smart arse...;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"after a lifetimes struggle" ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mary, you can shove your serviettes up my arse anytime.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Easy. Spring load it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Right. when they sit there yelling for a new one, pass them in a pack of

120 grit, and tell them next time its their responsibility to check.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Allow me to suggest my new invention:

  1. Toilet floor is springloaded and connected to microswitch, so it knows you are in there.
  2. The switch switches the light on.
  3. You press foot pedals to lift lid or seat
  4. When you leave, it flushes, lowers seat and lid, and turns the light off.
Reply to
Nick

But at least it's a clean arse!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

PIR would be better

Nah, you need something to recognize which way you're facing.

And the intelligent extractor runs as long as is necessary ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

Actually I was thinking of doing this with a mountain toilet where there is no power supply. I will have solar power for the light, but there's not enough power to run anything else.

I don't really want to make any assumptions about how people use a toilet. What say they are squatting on top and the device decides to shut the lid? Again, there's not enough power to run a computerised body scanner, and anyway, they may have missing limbs or be grossly obese, and the computer might whack the seat up just as they sit down.

This is a pit toilet that I'm working with. The output of the last 500 people is still there in the hole. I don't think an extractor would make much difference, and there's no power for the fan anyway.

Reply to
Nick

The advantage of my method is that it works for *any* toilet, not just the one in my house. But as a reminder, the toilet roll holder could weigh the roll, and if it's too light, not allow the toilet lid to be raised. A spring, microswitch and relay should do it.

Reply to
Nick

You have that great methane source yet you're complaining about lack of power?

Reply to
Rob Morley

I am a fronter and I could never see the point of apoint, IYKWIM. But I couldn't bebotheredarguing about it.

Our spares are on a shelf over the door so if it's going to run out it's better to get a new one down before you start doing whatever you're goingto be doing, otherwise you'll be trying to reach it with kegs round the ankles -neither easy nor elegant.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher