SUPRIMA BOILER PROBLEM

Hi, my Suprima 40 is giving me a spot of bother. Basically most of the time it will cut out and the red led flashes. I then press the reset numerous times and sometimes that will work. Other times both led's will then go out and I have to turn the mains button off and on. On a good day it all works fine, on a bad day I can be there 30 mins trying to get the blasted thing to come on, any help please!

TIA, Rod.

Reply to
Rodders

From what i've seen going around they often have problems with their PCB's (printed circuit boards) and your fault sounds in-line with that.

Reply to
RedOnRed

In article , Rodders writes

Ctled(?) will be along in a while to flog you a new PCB which is what these bastard things are good at falling over on.

I've suffered one now since 1996 and come the extension build next year its going to be replaced...

Hopefully with something better:))

Reply to
tony sayer

Save U looking it up....

tony sayer

I had the same problem last week and had British Gas out to fix it. They tried the changing the gas valve but that did nothing. Then changed the PCB over to a new type of PCB that Potterton have come out with to solve the quality problems that this boiler has had with the PCB. You can tell if its the new type board by the LED, the new one has a single LED which has red, amber and green colours. It also comes with a new user manual.

Mind you it did not fill me with confidence after the engineer said that he had heard that the new PCB can fail as well!

Reply to
JL

Thermocouple? Overheat thermostat? Hot water sensor? Might I suggest:

Hugh