Supplier of good shower cabinets

Folks,

We need a new shower cabinet. The ideal would be a 1200 x 900 offset quadrant, but at this stage we'd settle for almost anything reasonably well made. Over the past couple of days I have been round a Very Big B&Q, a Very Big Homebase and a Medium Sized Wickes. Every single cabinet on display has been, without exception, utter crap.

Flimsy doors. Poor seals. Curved doors significant different in radius from the curved trays that came with them. Pathetic hinges. Cheap, ricketty rollers.

OK, this can't be difficult. It's two or three sheets of toughened glass, a couple of supports and a shallow basin. Surely someone, somewhere must make these to a reasonable quality and at a reasonable price?

Can anyone recommend a make?

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

I am most impressed with Phoenix Shower Enclosures - our fitters love them too as they seem very easy to install even on your own.

Sinks, Showers MP3 Players & Spy Gadgets

Reply to
JSM Distribution

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:01:57 +0000, The Real Doctor wrote (in article ):

I was recommended Daryl and I've found mine very satisfactory

Mike Lane

We have a Merlin enclosure in our guest bathroom and an Aqata (sic) in the en-suite. They're both excellent.

Reply to
Huge

We have just installed an aquadart which is a very nice hinged door frameless one. We wanted a configuration that they didn't offer, but they put the bits together to make the configuration required. When they did so, accidentally the wrong hinges were included (they are handed) and they were very good and got us the right ones by post the next morning.

As for trays, we have installed a Bette enamelled steel tray which is

35mm high and we had the non-slip coating applied - I don't know if they do that size and shape, bit I would recommend them.

HTH

Pete

Reply to
Peter Riocreux

Having been through the same disgust at the build quality of stuff available in the sheds etc I'd heartily recommend The Majestic Shower Company

We fitted a 1200 * 900 "elegance" enclosure and it is fantastic. It's well designed and well made, nothing flimsy about it at all. I have only two reservations. The cost - ouch! But you do seem to get what you pay for. And the instructions. Now they really were utter crap, they had clearly been written by the engineers and only once we'd fitted it did they sort of make sense. The trouble is that you don't want to do too many dry runs and trial fits when you're handling big sheets of 10mm glass. That said I rang them and they talked me through the stuff I didn't understand in words which did make sense. Overall a top quality product which I enjoy every day.

Reply to
Calvin

Thanks very much, all. We've found a Phoenix stockist very close, so we'll probably go with them, though we are investigating the other suggestions.

Ian

Reply to
ubergeekian

Let me know how you get on with - one of my favourite brands!