Ikea "Metod" wall cabinets - any good?

These could work rather well in som eof the bedrooms and maybe hall for high level storage.

I like the rail mounting idea too - means I can neatly sidestep the wiring runs.

Anyone put these up and are they OK?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I've assembled literally hundreds of IKEA items and always found them first class. Definitely the top of the flat pack tree.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ikea changed their range last year (or so), so most people probably haven't used the new ones. Experience with the old range was that they are very robust, providing you put them together carefully to ensure they are square. I wouldn't think the new range would be less good, as Ikea seem very keen on their share of the kitchen market. Only once, in three kitchens, have I had a pack from Ikea with a duff piece (a cam bolt that was cracked) so their QC must be pretty good.

Of course, working out what you really need from their web site is a totally different matter :-)

Reply to
GMM

Thank you Dave. I've found Ikea goes both ways - the desk I am typing on right now is a dining table, pine, solid. Happens it is desk shaped and rather cheaper and nicer than most of the stuff in the proper desk ranges. I have a second one with a monster colour laser printer on and I can still climb on it.

But I've had a couple of items (TV stand for one) that looked OK, but was a bit crappy and needed a good bit of glue to help it be stable.

Reply to
Tim Watts

A wise man takes a grab from the spares bins as he leaves :)

Thanks - I did not know the range was new. The one I am looking at will be used a bit like caravan cabin storage - high level row of cupboards.

Interestingly they have a web based "3D" planner that actually works on Chrome under linux without a fuss - that seems to make a reasonable job of placing things along walls of known lengths.

Reply to
Tim Watts