Brammer Cabinets

Hi Folks,

About 15 years ago I re-did my kitchen with Brammer oak cabinetry. They were very nice, and have held up well.

Whatever happened to them? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Can anyone recommend a high quality cabinet these days?

Thanks, SS

Reply to
Sir Spamalot

I'm guessing with the name "Sir Spamalot" you could be yanking our collective chain. But the cost of quality cabinetry is not much different then checking with a true woodworker/craftsman in you area and having him make everything from hand however you'd like. They are that expensive.

Reply to
ng_reader

No, Sir Spamalot is just a handle I've had for 15 years or so. Don't let that throw you. Have a sense of humor, huh?

And Brammers were not made by "true" woodworkers; they were store bought box cabinets, of very high quality, and not nearly as expensive as hand built customs.

Any more takers?

Reply to
Sir Spamalot

Brammer Manufacturing Co. PO Box 3547 Davenport, IA 52808

Contact: H.P. Braunlich, Jr., President Phone: 563-326-2585 563-326-2042 Product(s): Kitchen Cabinets, Bath Vanities

Reply to
Dr Jack White

SS> About 15 years ago I re-did my kitchen with Brammer oak cabinetry. SS> They were very nice, and have held up well. SS> SS> Whatever happened to them? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

If it's the company I'm thinking it is it was a local company which went bankrupt several years back. One of their main customers was Payless Cashways (known by various names around the country) and when they closed....

  • Short Books: Tasty Bile Recipes
Reply to
barry martin

Beamer went bankrupt

Reply to
Wapsisandy

The responses that they went bankrupt are true. See Brammer money floats away...

ells Fargo Credit Inc., is not responsible for covering a $500,000 loan the City of Davenport made to a cabinet-making company two months before the company collapsed and the bank took over its property, Iowa's highest court ruled Wednesday.

Davenport officials were hopeful the city would recoup at least $325,000 of the economic development loan it made to Brammer Manufacturing Co. after Scott County District Judge Mark Cleve ruled last year that the bank was obligated to cover the debt.

Wells Fargo foreclosed on the property in February 1999 and later purchased it after the company defaulted on a $2.6 million bank loan. The bank loaned Brammer the money Nov. 18, 1997, 11 months before the city made the economic development loan.

Reply to
Looking for Brammer replacement parts