Suitable vacuum cleaner?

On this group I posted about problems with paving grouting. The solution, it seems, is raking out deep, then remove debris with a vacuum cleaner. What would be a suitable one, that would have enough suck and at the same time be able to cope with the resulting debris? TIA

Reply to
Broadback

And old VAX "bucket" type. It is bettered by Miele for indoor use (Miele has more suck and superior filtration) but the VAX has been sucking up cement, plaster and nails for the last 5 years and has still not broken. See if you can grab a second hand one - bags and filters are readily available.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Why not use the vacuum cleaner on blow to remove your debris, and brush it up, that way you don't wreck your cleaner

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I used a power washer to remove the debris.

Reply to
ss

Any decent vac, and use a cyclone interceptor...

Reply to
John Rumm

I would use my Wickes/Earlex wet and dry with the 50 mm hose.

Reply to
newshound

Or a pressure washer if you have one.

Reply to
harryagain

Thanks for the help. However I would not be happy using a pressure washer, as from past experience they remove more than required.

Reply to
Broadback

That is a function of how close you spray.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher