Earlex/Wickes vacuum cleaner filter

There was a posting recently about an alternative filter for the Earlex/Wickes vacuum cleaner. I've gone out and bought one for my Earlex but, although the cleaner seems to have a lot more suck than it did with the original brown paper bag, there's an awful lot of fine dust coming out of the exhaust.

The filter seems to be fully on its housing so is this normal? Do I need to wait until the filter's finer pores are bunged up? Or is it faulty?

TIA

It might be that operating it with a "leaky" filter has left a lot of dust on the wrong side? I had to strip mine and clean it after replacing the foam filter with a corrugated paper one.

Reply to
Newshound

I use my earlex with foam filter and a vent to outside, it's no good with fine dust (ash) for which I keep a dyson.

What strikes me is that rather than use an external cyclone to which the vacuum cleaner is attached, with these numatic type vacuums wouldn't it be worth finding a tall suitable diameter container to which the head can be directly attached. The inlet to this could be tangential with a dyson like tapering inner and a simple filter to protect the motor.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Can the wet/dry filter fit over the paper one?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Can't see that it will as it's a fairly tight fit.

I think it may be dust left from the previous filter as suggested earlier. We'll see...

Hi,

If it's still a problem try wetting the filter before use.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C