Stopping at a bus stop.

OK. But first, promise to stop whining and eat all your greens.

Reply to
Richard

OK. But first, promise to stop whining and eat all your greens.

Oink Oink

Reply to
Pamela

Which is what I had assumed - which is why I pointed out that Streetview shows the parking bay was not opposite the bus stop. So by "some way past the side entrance" (or main entrance?) you presumably mean up St John's Hill, left in to Falcon Road and then left again into Grant Road. How droll.

Reply to
Robin

Does StreetView show you parking bays opposite the bus stops on St Johns Hill opposite the station entrance, then, if you are so confused about where the rear entrance is?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You awkward twit. Why don't you just post a streetview link of where "Dave's very own car stop" is so we can see how stupid you are?

Reply to
Richard

Save you the trouble. Was it here?

Richard

I posted a link to Streetview for the rear entrance in Grant Road on 5 October with a question to you. Did you miss them or just ignore them?

And you could remove all confusion by stating (a) if you agree Grant Road entrance is the "rear entrance" and (b) just where it was you stopped. Until you do so I'll happily ignore you.

Reply to
Robin

I posted a link to Streetview for the rear entrance in Grant Road on 5 October with a question to you. Did you miss them or just ignore them?

And you could remove all confusion by stating (a) if you agree Grant Road entrance is the "rear entrance" and (b) just where it was you stopped. Until you do so I'll happily ignore you.

Most people already do.

Reply to
Pamela

F**k them.Just stop in the road

Reply to
fred

Why would I want to look at StreetView?

How many bus stops are there where you'd be likely to drop off a passenger close to the rear entrance?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

*You* wouldn't because it would confirm that *you* are an idiot.

If you were driving a bus, two. If you were a moron driving a car, none.

Reply to
Richard

Stopping and waiting. Taxi and private hire drivers can stop to pick up or drop off customers in many areas where there are waiting or stopping restri ctions. Drivers should be aware that: Taxis and private hire vehicles can o nly stop as long as is necessary for the customer to get in or out of the v ehicle

Reply to
whisky-dave

Then the law is an ass. Why should those rich enough to afford a taxi have priority over a passenger in private car? The passenger in the private car may be too poor to afford a taxi.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Interesting that you think using a taxi is a sign that the user is "rich". Use of taxis and minicabs is highest amongst those in the lowest income groups. Occasional use is a damn site cheaper than owning and running a car.

For many people who can't drive it's the _only_ option when buses are not practicable - eg carrying a lot of shopping; not able to walk to and from the bus stops. That includes disabled people.

And for disabled people black cabs are a boon as they can and must accept wheelchairs; and there are reduced fares (the Taxicard scheme).

ISTM there are learning opportunities aplenty for you in this thread. But while you can lead a...

Reply to
Robin

And *you* are an asshole.

Reply to
Richard

My passenger doesn't own a car. Hence my giving him a lift.

But don't let that stop you trying to look superior.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Think you and Wodney should get a room. Made for one another .

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What;'s new ?

I also thought people bought cars because they were cheaper than keep hiring a taxi to and from work. Are you saying it's cheaper to get taxis to/from work.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Is your pssenger too rich to own a car then and therefore gets a taxi everywhere they go ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

That it might be better for many people (and the only possibility for some) not to own a car but use taxis instead, is too hard a concept for Our Dave to grasp.

I understand that in Wales, taxi is spelt tacsi on the bilingual signs. I assume that's because no one in Wales has ever seen the letter X before.

Reply to
Tim Streater