Stopping at a bus stop.

But PTS have *much* tougher eligibility criteria than Dial a Ride (and than in past years). Oversimplifying, if you can use a taxi that's what you'll be told to do, and see if you qualify for reimbursement. And she's old-fashioned: doesn't believe in cheating and lying.

Reply to
Robin

round here, there is a charity that can take people to the doctor or hospital. I happen to be one of the drivers. We do ask for a donation, but the driver doesn't keep it.

Reply to
charles

A private car carrying a blue badge holder can stop on double reds or bus lanes to allow them to enter or leave. I don't know if it applies to the bus stop but it does either side of it.

Reply to
dennis

and doesn't for those that don't otherwise there wouldn't be a need for other taxi services.

Types of trips

Dial-a-Ride cannot accommodate:

Hospital and clinic appointments - Contact the medical professional who referred you, or the hospital/clinic, for information about alternative services that cater for hospital journeys. You can, however, use Dial-a-Ride to visit your GP Day centres and school - Contact your day centre manager or school administrator for details about alternative services Work - Dial-a-Ride cannot easily accommodate daily trips to work due to limited resources. Contact your local job centre for details of the Access to Work scheme if you require this type of journey

I don't think they do.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Please cite where I said that or be seen to be mistaken (or worse).

I have no clue if that is thrown in on the basis that anyone who disagrees with you on anything must disagree with you on everything or because you just know you are right. And I don't hive a proverbial.

Reply to
Robin

Stop putting words into the mouths of others. READ THIS YOU MORON:

Richard

What has that got to do with whether or not we leave the EU, this is all in the highway code, I'd assume those that are qualified to drive have read it at least at some point in their lives.

whisky-dave

1) makes it up as he goes along. 2) Has the tedious habit of saying that if it's not black it must be white. 3) employs pure invention (e.g. his "summary" above).
Reply to
Tim Streater

Quite. A walk on type of ambulance collects and returns an elderly neighbour for her hospital visits. See quite a few round here for others.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah - right. Earlier you implied she was was so poor she couldn't really afford a taxi, but paid for one because it was essential.

Now it would seem financially she is no different to anyone else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

if you've been following, it was about a passenger, not the driver.

Looking further, all bus stops in London have the same dotted yellow line round them. But only some have a no stopping notice on them. And itis very small, and faces the street, so you'd have to stop to read it. And stopping for even a second would seem to be breaking the law and liable to a fine. If the council have a nice revenue earning camera there. Which, of course, the vast majority don't have. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have you paid the fine yet?

Reply to
Richard

Good to know you meekly accept any regulations no matter how stupid or petty.

The bus stop in question serves *one* route - the 170. Single deck buses. Frequency on a Sunday about every 20 minutes. Such an incredibly busy bus stop it needs a camera to keep it clear at all times. Or could it be it's just a nice little earner from those who are doing someone a favour by dropping them off at the station?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Brexiteers constantly say they don't like what they call rules and regs from the EU, which they consider petty. And think the UK would be far better deregulated.

But rules about stopping to let off a passenger at a little used bus stop on a Sunday must be observed to the letter.

But

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Where please?

ITYWF you are the one who has ben expressing views on who can afford what - viz "only those with money to burn use cabs". Something which you have yet to reconcile doesn't fit with the inconvenient facts about who uses taxis.

Reply to
Robin

and yuo think Brexiteers want peolpe to be allowed to park or let off passe ngers at bus stops ?, wheres the evidence of that there';s more evidence th at some want to leave the EU now that canada has made Marijuana legal perha ps they are hoping to get a trade deal.

If one gets away with it other will try. perhaps we should be like the USA and everyone should be allowed to carry a gun although I;m confused by the

2 options of concealed or not.
Reply to
whisky-dave

Or the mere presence of the sign means that it?s a no stopping sign, so no need to actually read it.

If the council have a nice revenue earning camera there. Which, of

Reply to
samchunk

Why does that matter if he has a blue badge. You can use a blue badge on any car not just your own.

Of course its easier if its your own car as it will be taxed as disabled so they will just ignore it once they download the DVLC data.

Reply to
dennis

Are you saying everyone with a blue badge carries it with them when going on a train journey?

Passenger in question doesn't own a car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Doesn't prevent them applying for blue badge

Reply to
Andy Burns